New Nav 6 'Refresh' and BMW Connect

My replacement for the failed replacement failed after a year.

The quality of the 6 is dire - anyone had issues with the 5?

My replacement for the failed replacement failed after a year.

The quality of the 6 is dire - anyone had issues with the 5?

Nope. Had my 5 for four years. The only issue was it resetting itself between J9 and J10 M25!! That stopped after an update. It's been a very reliable and robust nav and I always fall back on it on tour, preferring it to my phone.

I have a V, an ‘old model’ VI and a ‘new model’ VI. I have never had a problem with any of them, nor with another ‘old model’ VI, which I sold to another forum member, nor with a V, that I also sold.

There is a really good GPS support section on UKGSer where this entire thread should be moved to, as it has as much to do with WC engined BMW motorbikes, as I do with Morris Dancing or buggery.

There is a really good GPS support section on UKGSer where this entire thread should be moved to, as it has as much to do with WC engined BMW motorbikes, as I do with Morris Dancing or buggery.
Thanks for the info. Just to be clear; your new Nav Vi is the "refresh" version with "make life a ride" on the display and you have used it on bike and not had any problems with the screen display jumping about. Personally I think it's related to residue off gloves or something like that; if I stop and clean the screen it's usually OK until I have had to touch the screen a few times again. Judging by all the comments on here over the years it sounds like most people had the same problem. Hoping Garmin have finally done something to change the way the screen worked or the sensativity on the "refresh" version.
Where do you go Morris Dancing :) :) won't ask about the other :)

BigT I will be collecting a brand new "Make life a ride" nav 6 tomorrow that I may well be selling as I'm going for the cradle as I want to use the phone as an ico when not navigating.

Back
Top Bottom