Taking someone else’s bikes in your van to Europe

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought I’d start a thread on here to see if there’s any any actual experience of it since Brexit.

For those that don’t know, taking road registered bikes to Europe became an issue after Brexit, as the bureaucrats can’t decide what type of goods they are. This only applies if it’s in a van or on a trailer, not if it’s being ridden.

It affects riders (me) that take 3-4 UK registered mates bikes in the the back of the van to Spain or wherever, meet the owners who fly out, we ride around for a bit then reverse the process, since apparently there may now be import charges or other issues at customs.

It’s rumoured but not confirmed that if you just have your own bikes, with V5 etc, then it’s OK, but if there are bikes that are in the van with the owner not present then foreign customs types will kick off.

It’s also affected bike shippers like Eurotrans and BBS, who would cart your bike into Europe for a fee, and track day shippers for those that like to hoon around Almeria circuit but not ride there.

Since we’ve had much reduced travel possibilities I haven’t found anyone that’s tried it, but if you have or are planning a trip it would be good to post up experiences here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earmarking this thread as I had a couple of bikes shipped up and down in recent years.

attachment.php

Please note, this article has not been reviewed by UKGSer’s own legal eagles, nor by their mates’ mates. Similarly, the “They can fuck right off / Its not wot we voted 4 / I’m going to Scotland / It says I need a carpet, but I’ve already got a carpet, why do I need another?” brigade have not had their say yet.

In short. If you transport anything in the back of a van it is now classed as freight and will be treated as such by Customs. You can thank all that voted leave.

In short. If you transport anything in the back of a van it is now classed as freight and will be treated as such by Customs. You can thank all that voted leave.

Exactly! Slowly, all those little things that we took for granted but are now a serious and expensive pain int he arse are coming to light. In this case simply to do with motorcycling. But we knew it to be the case before the vote. Just not all the individual small instances that contribute to the overall shitshower.

I'll be interested to hear the defence offered by all the Brexiter b****ards on here who voted away freedoms such as this. Though they are probably so wedded to this country they've no interest in biking abroad or wanting to buy resources from there. Come on. Tell me I'm better off. And for fcuk sake don't give me "this is not what we voted for" bollocks!

Ah but I’m free and I’ve a blue passport so there.

Make Britain Great Again!

You'll have someone along in a minute quoting 52% or 17.something million.

Actually it was 37% of the voting public who fecked us all over.

This margin wasn't enough to pass the Scottish referendum threshold, or any Swiss referendum, as these all require more than 50% of the voting public to enable changes on a constitutional matter !!!

The privileged elite knew how to load things in their favour.

I blame the french for this and we should have simply invaded them 4-5 years ago...!

oh and antivaxxer or is it provaxxers..? are to blame for the lack of 5G in my area...

the bastards

what was the question again...?

Within 5 years we’ll be able to do all the things we used to, just with no influence over any of the files we have to follow.

Or not who knows? I do know there’s a run on Irish passports though.

Within 5 years we’ll be able to do all the things we used to...

Even if it were true, 5 years as a proportion of the rest of my life is highly significant figure!

Or not who knows? I do know there’s a run on Irish passports though.

My wife applied the day after the result and has one! Doesn't help me though.

My wife applied the day after the result and has one! Doesn't help me though.

Dont be such a downcast!
I think that as the spouse you will have rights to travel freely in the EU and receive free medical attention provided always that you are accompanied.
But I might be dreaming this.

You'll have someone along in a minute quoting 52% or 17.something million.

Actually it was 37% of the voting public who fecked us all over.

This margin wasn't enough to pass the Scottish referendum threshold, or any Swiss referendum, as these all require more than 50% of the voting public to enable changes on a constitutional matter !!!

The privileged elite knew how to load things in their favour.

Imagine not being clever enough to give these people a compelling reason to vote remain.

You lost now life is better

Imagine not being clever enough to give these people a compelling reason to vote remain.

Exactly right .... complacency, lack of charisma and lies - even farage is having regrets !!! Maybe he hasn't got his German Citizenship yet (I hope) :D:D

You lost now life is better

In what way ? One (genuine) example will do.

Exactly right .... complacency, lack of charisma and lies - even farage is having regrets !!! Maybe he hasn't got his German Citizenship yet (I hope) :D:D

In what way ? One (genuine) example will do.

I am not in Europe

Libtards are angry about it

That's two.

True to form - trolling prick.

I think you'll find it's the brexitards who are angry. :D:D

This subject is about getting into Europe !!!!

Overcoming the barriers that you thought was a good idea to erect. :thumb

True to form - trolling prick.

I think you'll find it's the brexitards who are angry. :D:D

This subject is about getting into Europe !!!!

Overcoming the barriers that you thought was a good idea to erect. :thumb

Oh calm down princess. Soft c&nt

Ha ha why would the victorious be angry ha ha

Winners and losers. Those who voted brexit won. Those who didn't by definition are losers.

You can travel freely all over Europe, covid depending. Its really not that difficult.

Oh calm down princess. Soft c&nt

Ha ha why would the victorious be angry ha ha

Winners and losers. Those who voted brexit won. Those who didn't by definition are losers.

You can travel freely all over Europe, covid depending. Its really not that difficult.

You sound like a pleasant chap.

Looking at the evidence manifested in threads like these, it seems fairly clear to any rational minded person that we all lost because of brexit. That said, you and your fellow leavers will be recorded by history as the biggest losers of all, gullibly buying up the lies of spivs and charlatans to ultimately send our nation down the plughole. Mug.

Your last comment only proves to show that, even now, you still haven't quite understood.

You sound like a pleasant chap.

Looking at the evidence manifested in threads like these, it seems fairly clear to any rational minded person that we all lost because of brexit. That said, you and your fellow leavers will be recorded by history as the biggest losers of all, gullibly buying up the lies of spivs and charlatans to ultimately send our nation down the plughole. Mug.

Your last comment only proves to show that, even now, you still haven't quite understood.

He really is quite a thick prick - extremely unpleasant I would say.

He hasn't got a clue - no counter points just insults.

Seems to be a theme throughout his posts.

Maybe he's just trying to be a "character" ? :nenau

Err you were the one that started with the childish names you dozy bellend.

We have left the EU we have left the EU we have left the EU

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Why be a bad loser? It's OK to lose. I mean you can't even convince the population to agree with you? Why because you are wrong ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Definitely a bit thick having read his last contribution. No doubt that's frustrating for him, and can lead to his unpleasantness.

Back
Top Bottom