Screens screens screens.......R1250RT

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So my 2019 R1250RT came with the OE standard screen (not the sport one) and it was too high for my liking, especially in summer.
I bought a Powerbronze "low" screen which is 40cm high (measuring top to bottom of the screen in the middle) and that's better but a bit on the low side.
So I'm looking for something between the two.

Any recommendations ?

I have had a Werks Quiet ride screen on my 1200 and it is now on my 1250RT. They are brilliant screens developed by a chap in the States who owns a LC RT. Terry who designed the screen also frequents various RT forums. The screens come in 3 different sizes and also you can have tinted if you want.

Do a search on the BMW LT Forum, there are as many screen reviews as tyre reviews :)

The screen only needs to be set once and it is generally lower as it provides clean air but you don't look through it. I am 5ft 8 and have the 24 inch model.

Now the kicker, there is no UK importer so if you buy one, you will have to import yourself from the States. I bought mine years ago before the Brexit stuff.

That.

I tried all sorts of options and the Werks job was by far the best.

If you get in touch he’ll guide you through the sizing process as well.

Had a spot of luck & picked up a used Werkes quiet ride (24 inch) off eBay for a decent price - yes it's so quiet compared with OE !

Werks now make a screen that fits the 21 bike. Now think it is probably a 1200 screen with different holes drilled in it. So I'm wondering if you can use a 1200 screen and just drill some more mounting holes. I keep meaning to contact Terry the chap who owns Werks to ask :) No real issue yet as I don't have a 21 bike :)

re drilled a bagger k1600 screen for mine ,low but nice for me.2021 sport.

Back
Top Bottom