2008 Electra glide

luckylucian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am looking to go to the dark side again. Spotted a 2008 Electra glide for sale £8k with 41k miles and usual issue of radio not working (it shorts out fuses when connected).

What's the opinion on price? I know the frame changed in 2009 for better handling but with those miles and radio issue would £7k to £7.5k be reasonable to pay for a 2008?

If it has no corrosion and a good service history £8k is good and a lot of bike for that price.
It may be at that price because of the mileage, but nothing to worry about if it's been properly maintained. In the USA that would be low mileage for a 2008 bike, it's only here eyebrows are raised at anything over 20k mileage.
Only just run-in.:thumb2

£8k is probably a fair price … so anything less works in your favour…

Don’t worry about miles check MOT from earlier this week

Attachments

• 554C0599-3032-4B94-959E-B5399AEB4D2A.jpg
    554C0599-3032-4B94-959E-B5399AEB4D2A.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 316
It looks nice & clean and a special edition. Worth a punt!:thumb2

it's only here eyebrows are raised at anything over 20k mileage.
Only just run-in.:thumb2

SSSSSSSSsssssssssush !!!!!!!

I completely agree, but keep it quiet. It's how WE end up with bloody good bikes cheap.

Let the 'Worry beads' fret....:thumb

Where is it for sale? Cannot see it on eBay

Good luck with the bidding - the 105 livery looks the part.

Only the fork lowers seem to let the side down.

Fork lowers can be polished-out unless deep chips. The top of the fairing inner on left seems bleached-out which will need spraying (last but one photo). Plus the radio sorting of course.

Otherwise looks like a good bike; great colour. All depends on his reserve.

TIP check if the seller has any other items listed that finish after this auction ends, you can still contact the seller...
Bay of E won't let you swap phone numbers. Unrelated fact - I don't think Bay of E can read phone numbers in photos....

Fork lowers can be polished-out unless deep chips. The top of the fairing inner on left seems bleached-out which will need spraying (last but one photo). Plus the radio sorting of course.

Otherwise looks like a good bike; great colour. All depends on his reserve.

TIP check if the seller has any other items listed that finish after this auction ends, you can still contact the seller...
Bay of E won't let you swap phone numbers. Unrelated fact - I don't think Bay of E can read phone numbers in photos....

Too true, have frequently responded on Ebay with a picture of my mobile number

Back
Top Bottom