quality inner tubes?

Packer

Appreciating Scotland
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having aquired my new trail and travel PR7 I have to throw away my plug and go kit and carry tyre levers and spare tubes.

I can do this, I have just replaced the original Desert Race tyres with Mitas E07's using only my planned trail tool kit. But........, I need to carry spare tubes so who makes good quality tubes that I can stick in a spares bag and which will still be good years down the line as I am a really jammy bugger so won't actaully get punctures for years to come.

Hopefully. :)

Loads of threads but can't actually find one that suggests high quality long life probably ABC (anything but chinese) tubes.

Having aquired my new trail and travel PR7 I have to throw away my plug and go kit and carry tyre levers and spare tubes.

I can do this, I have just replaced the original Desert Race tyres with Mitas E07's using only my planned trail tool kit. But........, I need to carry spare tubes so who makes good quality tubes that I can stick in a spares bag and which will still be good years down the line as I am a really jammy bugger so won't actaully get punctures for years to come.

Hopefully. :)

Loads of threads but can't actually find one that suggests high quality long life probably ABC (anything but chinese) tubes.

You could consider mousses or Tubliss

However neither are strictly road legal

I was looking over the PR7 at the UK importers on Tuesday
Interesting bikes

Wouldn't Michelin Ultra HD tubes, 4mm thick, give you peace of mind?

tom

UHD tubes have their drawbacks too. They can get quite hot apparently. Never used them, as I can't see how a thicker tube will stop an object that's already penetrated a steel reinforced outer. Helpful against pinch flats though, I'm sure.

I use Michelin tubes from here. Not the UHD ones, but they are much better than the crappy OEM offerings.

Back
Top Bottom