Barcelona hotel recommendations?

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a good hotel with secure parking for the bike in September, price not as important as comfort, but not a Ritz or Formula 1 equivalent.

Wife’s choice is in town or walking distance of los ramblos

My preference, nicer hotel further out but close to a train station for good access to city centre

Thanks

Hotel Chic and Basic. Passatge de Gutenberg, 08001 Barcelona. Two minute walk off las Ramblas, underground secure car park, very handy for car ferry. Quirky rooms, good bar, excellent staff.

Not familiar with hotels in Barcelona but There’s a good metro system (dirt cheap not like the tube) so easy to stay a little bit away from La Rambla, which is just one mile long tourist trap and pickpocket heaven. Seriously watch your personal possessions in and around La Rambla. You’ll see people hugging their bags and backpacks to their chest. The only place worth visiting on La Rambla is La Boqueria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hotel Chic and Basic. Passatge de Gutenberg, 08001 Barcelona. Two minute walk off las Ramblas, underground secure car park, very handy for car ferry. Quirky rooms, good bar, excellent staff.

That looks great, a good position too.

The Ramblas may themselves be a bit of a tourist trap (still worth a visit) but there is so much to see in the areas that feed off it, from the university quarter at the top, the Gothic quarter half way down to the harbour area, small local bars and big flashy fish restaurants at the bottom.
Personally I’d stay in the that area and travel out to the many other interesting parts of Barcelona rather than visa versa as it’s a great place to explore on foot in the evening whilst bar hopping and watching the world go by.

Use some common sense about pickpockets, yes they are around but no worse really than any other large, touristy city.

Andres

Can recommend Hotel Colon
Great location, roof terrace and swimming pool on top
View of Barcelona Cathedral and entrance to Gothic quarter
Can’t get much better....
they offer free parking with all reservations...
Just inquired about safe parking for a motorbike,let’s see what they come up with...
Great place though..

https://hotelcolonbarcelona.es/

Attachments

• E07EC00D-07D4-40CF-B8B1-95D5EF11BDAC.jpg
    E07EC00D-07D4-40CF-B8B1-95D5EF11BDAC.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 166
Cheers guys, Mrs YMFB, head of hotel bookings will be on it tonight

We have plumped for an out of town hotel not too far from Camp Nou with a train station nearby

Can recommend Hotel Colon
Great location, roof terrace and swimming pool on top
View of Barcelona Cathedral and entrance to Gothic quarter
Can’t get much better....
they offer free parking with all reservations...
Just inquired about safe parking for a motorbike,let’s see what they come up with...
Great place though..

https://hotelcolonbarcelona.es/

We stayed there a few years ago. Excellent hotel in a great location.

Echo what everyone has said about pickpockets 3 times the little F!!! tried in an hour in 2019 - I thought at first the wife was just being frisky!

The place was full of tacky sales people even coming into restaurants and unless it has improved I would honestly avoid it which is a real shame as it is lovely.

Big warning from me over the thieves in Barca. The place was cleaned up many years back, but the nest of vipers soon returned - their skill & determination has, in a strange way, to be admired, but the impact on tourists who have been relieved of essential possessions is a sorry sight to behold. It's a great City; mad, exciting, vibrant but it's utterly blighted by these ruthless fekkers.

Hi
Most hotels in Barcelona do not have parking attached or underneath. Most have an arrangement with a close by parking station. Parking in Barcelona is cheap and even cheaper if you pre-book online but check with the hotel before.
Most 3 star hotels in Spain are excellent and for around 120 a night you can go up to a 4-5 star hotel.

Back
Top Bottom