Had to buy this baby Varadero

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This came up as a classified on ebay and the seller obviously hadn’t done their research on values so I had to buy it. A 2002 bike with only 2362 miles on it. A little beauty!

Obviously no buyers had done their research either. An absolutely cracking bike. JJH

Thats an 04-05 by the pics,

The later ones got silver wheels, and the styling became more non Varadero if that makes sense

Cracking bikes, I went from my Baby V to the GS.

Sadly very underrated,

I think i payed £2400 for mine from a dealer -

Bad points, the mirrors have sod all adjustment and break really easily

thats about it really

My daughter had one. Kept it for a year. Got back what she paid for it. JJH

It is a 2002 model. It was stored for many years and the previous owner spent nearly £500 recommissioning it in 2019 and then didn’t really use it! It has also just had a brand new good quality battery. It was very dusty having been stored for so long, but I don’t mind that. It was actually very rewarding seeing it come back nice and bright.

I've never owned one of these but do like them.

You certainly won't lose any money when you come to sell it on.

Got one for a farmer friend. His sons use it round the farm. Their big lads. JJH

A cracking little number. you jammy bugger. Have you still got the Honda nc 750, SV 650. and V-Strom?

They regularly come up for sale with mileages that would shame the average GS rider, last time I looked there were two for sale with 57,000 on the clock and another with over 74,000 recorded miles ( on a 125 !!!!!!).

They should have made a 400 version using the Bros motor

They regularly come up for sale with mileages that would shame the average GS rider, last time I looked there were two for sale with 57,000 on the clock and another with over 74,000 recorded miles ( on a 125 !!!!!!).

They should have made a 500 version
I agree about the 500 version but they made a 400 and 600 /650 transalp plus the Africa twin the dominator and probably 1 or 2 other I’m forgetting. Amazing bikes for a 125. JJH

Got to be the biggest looking 125 out there. A really full size bike for a tall learner. Another excellent catch Mark.

Easily mistaken for its big brother, these 125s were a class above the competition.

When (if) you decide to move it on please remember me - I have a wanted thread open looking for a 125 for my niece.

Back
Top Bottom