New bike insurance recommended companies

Harry Nicholson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good afternoon . I will be buying a new KTM 390 Adventure for 1st September 2021 Delivery. My current insurance company ( Peter James Insurance ) for many years covers my vintage and classic bikes . This policy type does not accrue any NCB years . They have quoted me however what I consider is high at circa £500 pa.

Any recommendations would be appreciated .

Cheers Harry

Look at all the many many threads on the subject.

Then get on the phone and do some work for yourself.

Failing that, try the KTM forum.

Go to a comparison site and get some quotes. It really is very simple to check if Peter James is competitive with the overall market.

If you do not have an NCB to use on the KTM then you might find £500 is a typical price.

If you decide to insure elsewhere then check reviews for the individual brokers and the underwriters offered as they are likely different companies.

A list of comparison sites. Yes it says cars but they do bikes as well: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance/

be moto was expensive for me this year devitts through asda was the cheapest

Just checked the ASDA site . What a difference in prices . Circa £200 compared with Peter James quote of circa £500 .

Cheers

Harry

For years like many I would just stick to my "original" company and every year for no apparent reason my premiums would go up .. now I just use "comparethemarket".com .. saved £242 on my BM car insurance just like that and my bike insurance was £130 cheaper .. literally for 10 minutes on a PC. :)

Bloke finds an alternative and more competitive quote, through a tiny bit of effort. Amazing.

PS Same bloke may or may not return in 365 days, to tell the world that his premium has increased. Should it happen, the same solution as employed this year, should help. Bookmark for future reference.

:beerjug:

Smiley things added, in case of upset.

Try BikeSure. They were very competitive for my new Harley Pan America. It came in at under £200 as part of a multi-bike policy. Others had quoted me £1200 to £600 standalone and wouldn't do multi bike due to the value of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom