Is it time for a new headset kit?

haydw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got a wired autocom SPA on one bike and an older (can’t remember which) autocom kit on the other and am fairly happy with it, currently hardwired to a zumo550 but it’s getting a bit tired and I prefer apple or google maps on a smartphone.

Thinking of getting a quadoock for the phone and be without the zumo- phone currently Bluetooths to this so I get comms.

To get Siri functionality etc is it as simple as getting a Bluetooth extender kit for the wired autocom or is it better to get new kit? Predominantly use intercom for rider to passenger, but there is also the option I may use Zello as a bike to bike radio using my iPhone.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wont try and influence your decision but when i was using the Autocom bluetooth module they were failing at a rate of 1 every couple of months !

I went to Sena and it just works really

I think the compatibility between the old ( autocom) and the new ( blootooth stuff) is not there so IMO its one or the other

Got a wired autocom SPA on one bike and an older (can’t remember which) autocom kit on the other and am fairly happy with it, currently hardwired to a zumo550 but it’s getting a bit tired and I prefer apple or google maps on a smartphone.

Thinking of getting a quadoock for the phone and be without the zumo- phone currently Bluetooths to this so I get comms.

To get Siri functionality etc is it as simple as getting a Bluetooth extender kit for the wired autocom or is it better to get new kit? Predominantly use intercom for rider to passenger, but there is also the option I may use Zello as a bike to bike radio using my iPhone.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your problem is that you probably need one Bluetooth extender for each Autocom hub.

I am an avid Autocom user, but even I don't think that makes sense.

Go for something more modern.

The Autocom BT module is currently being redesigned and upgraded.

For what it’s worth, I have Cardo Packtalk Bold, iPhone 12 and Quadlock kit. Mrs Cyber has a Packtalk Bold, as do a couple of other that we ride with. It works perfectly. “Hey Siri” does all I need it too and connecting to and from other Packtalk headsets is effortless.
Only complaint, not from me but Mrs C is sometimes (very occasionally) the radio (FM Broadcast) come on by itself.
Battery life, switching off at cafes and lunch stops, is a good 8hrs.

I have a fair amount of experience in Zello and other RoIP systems, I think you’ll end up thinking it’s too flakey and complicated with a headset. Are you intending on VOX for the Zello?

Back
Top Bottom