ZUMO 660

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, I have a ZUMO 660 sat nav which I'm trying to update the maps on. It told me I needed to install a smaller region as I didn't have enough memory. I bought a 32gb card ( sandisc class 10 ). It still won't let me download European map set. Ive checked the computer is "seeing" the card. I can see the card in basecamp, and can write a route on it from BC.
Any ideas what's wrong folks ?:nenau

Just a guess but what format is the card? May be ExFat and I would think a 660 would need an older format such as Fat32.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

I had exactly the same thing a couple of weeks back. I also have an empty 32gb card in mine. I could only load a small part of Europe. Pissed me right off. :mad: I’m now looking to get a new waterproof sat nav that I can have all of Europe on again. Wankers. :mad:
It said if I needed a different map area I can replace the map that’s already loaded. Not good if you don’t have access to the internet or a laptop to do it on.

Try putting a new 16 gb card in it. 16 gb will take the whole of Europe, with room to spare.

The updates will simply overwrite what is there. The other 16 gb plus, will just be wasted space.

After re-installing Garmin Express, the second or third attempt to install new maps succeeded. Just as I was about to resort to getting a new SD card. Unfortunately it's time to repeat the chore.

Back
Top Bottom