Mounting on 2012 adventure screen

davnjud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a new xt. Any suggestions as the best kit to securely mount on the cross bar of my 2012 Rallye with adventure screen fitted. Some mounts are available from Italy but delayed or out of stock. Am I correct in thinking that the diameter of the cross bar is different on these earlier adventure screens than the later ones. Don’t need Whizzy wheel compatability just a good strong adjustable mount and don’t want to use handle bar mount supplied with unit. Thanks. Been searching for hours….

I'm guessing that you mean a Garmin Zumo XT when you say "XT"? If it is, this is one option, and they do different diameters: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124413744383?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Dont buy this off ebay - i have one in a drawer you can have for half the price !

My XT is mounted into a Touratech mount which in turn is mounted to one of these on the screen cross bar - postioion is spot on for glancing at whilst riding

01_044_0770_0_i_03_d3b6.jpg

Yes it’s a garmin zumo xt - thought I’d posted in that subforum but maybe moved , correctly.

Thanks John that’s really helpful.

Any other suggestions also welcome.

You could also try an ask in the sub-forum particular to your motorcycle. Someone there is bound to know something..... one might hope.

Dont buy this off ebay - i have one in a drawer you can have for half the price !

My XT is mounted into a Touratech mount which in turn is mounted to one of these on the screen cross bar - postioion is spot on for glancing at whilst riding

01_044_0770_0_i_03_d3b6.jpg

That looks like a good but very expensive solution - how much in total and where does the bar extension come from ?

Which cross bar ( mm size ) did you buy the eBay adapter for ,basically will it fit my 2012 adventure ( pre lc ) cross bar ?

Thanks for the reply

You could also try an ask in the sub-forum particular to your motorcycle. Someone there is bound to know something..... one might hope.

Thanks Wapping - as you can see in xt subforum my initial post in that forum was moved here by mods. That’s why I wasn’t more specific in the first sentence. Anyhow I seem to be getting replies. I suppose that’s lots of people just see latest posts thank goodness….

you need a bigger ebay part for the hexhead cross bar - i think more like 18mm and not the 12mm shown in the link

the bracket I posted clamps onto the 18mm screen bar and then it has its 12mm dia bar for mounting stuff to

You can mount a ram ball onto the screen 18mm bar and come off that way
thats how I used to have mine old nav mounted

Thanks Wapping - as you can see in xt subforum my initial post in that forum was moved here by mods. That’s why I wasn’t more specific in the first sentence. Anyhow I seem to be getting replies. I suppose that’s lots of people just see latest posts thank goodness….

I meant this section: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/463-BMW where, hopefully, the bike specific expertise lives.

It was moved here because your question is about mounting your GPS device. Had it of been about your XT misbehaving, it could have stayed where it was.

Back
Top Bottom