On the verge of buying - 1250 Rallye TE

Anthony Byrne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
No surprises what this post is about.

€24k all the bells and whistles full spec model brand new. I have my f800gs about 5 years or so and love the bike but I’ve now moved home and have a motorway commute several times a week. Plus I’m a fool for modern tech.

Anyhow it’s a hefty price for a bike and am trying to persuade myself. Anyone any advice on model type, are the extras worth the money, they seem to price up the accessories packages in such a way that you end up wanting them all to have the most common items.

Attachments

• 33A19654-5AF5-4849-9004-1B55499ECE67.jpg
    33A19654-5AF5-4849-9004-1B55499ECE67.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 552
go for it

No surprises what this post is about.

€24k all the bells and whistles full spec model brand new. I have my f800gs about 5 years or so and love the bike but I’ve now moved home and have a motorway commute several times a week. Plus I’m a fool for modern tech.

Anyhow it’s a hefty price for a bike and am trying to persuade myself. Anyone any advice on model type, are the extras worth the money, they seem to price up the accessories packages in such a way that you end up wanting them all to have the most common items.

I was reluctant to get rid of my 2014 GS LC TE, loved that bike but once I rode the new 1250 Rallye:beer: GSA my mind was made up. its a fantastic bike, so much smoother imo. love the tech and the toys. It is a lot of buck, but its a lot of bike too. i don't regret it one bit.

How come it’s £24k, mine was only £18k in May?

Admittedly I didn’t need luggage

Good luck with the insurance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s in euro thinking yours would be sterling plus Ireland is fucking dear !

Insurance more than doubling, one more place left for a quote……

That’s in euro thinking yours would be sterling plus Ireland is fucking dear !

Insurance more than doubling, one more place left for a quote……

Oops, missed that

Thought it was expensive

Good luck with the insurance, I had to drop my mileage from 9k to 7k miles to get a decent quote, told me it was because it was over £18k and I could put it back up next year, didn’t matter too much as we won’t be going abroad until next summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heated seat was the biggest plus point for me. Super comfy. Not sure it’s an option on a Rallye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Love the heated seat on mine.

Good look doing a deal! I still think the standard black and white one looks much nicer but beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course!!

Managed €500 off the price plus all accessories fitted free of cost. That’s prob the norm with the accessories but happy out with the 500.

Pick her up next Saturday:D

Heated front and rear seat too

Back
Top Bottom