Ride out, bbq, bus rides and the rest

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Posh Pete is going to do a ride out around the area on Saturday so if you want to see some more of the area this is your chance.

There will also be a bbq on Saturday evening, plan is to ask for £10 and all profit goes to the air ambulance. We'll see how many end up wanting to partake (see other thread if you want to add your name).

A few of us will probably take a bus to Whitehills at some point, next village along the coast for pie and beer. That won't be an organised thing :beerjug:

Anything else just sort yourselves out :thumb

Sounds good will be up for the ride out on Saturday and the bbq in the evening

Posh Pete is going to do a ride out around the area on Saturday so if you want to see some more of the area this is your chance.

There will also be a bbq on Saturday evening, plan is to ask for £10 and all profit goes to the air ambulance. We'll see how many end up wanting to partake (see other thread if you want to add your name).

A few of us will probably take a bus to Whitehills at some point, next village along the coast for pie and beer. That won't be an organised thing :beerjug:

Anything else just sort yourselves out :thumb

I'll bring my bus pass! :D

I'll start a separate thread in a day or so, Alastair . Some folk might want to do their own thing so I'll post a few routes on it to take in various places of interest that they might want to head for. Also a ride out invite for folk who want to go to a particular place I have in mind. :thumb2

Is that this Saturday or the Saturday of Portsoy?

Maybe I'm slower than usual today :D:D

Edit:

Ignore that - I'm now up tp speed: Portsoy weekend. :thumb2

I've got my bus pass even though they don't recognise it up thar :rob

:D:D

Chocky had her 'highlights' done for you Alastair :thumb

i-NWB8GnQ-L.jpg

:beerjug:

I have put this route into my XT for the Saturday already - interested to know Pete’s thoughts on it.
Cheers

https://www.motorcyclescotland.com/routes/whisky-runs-through-it/

That's virtually my route into Portsoy travelling through point B to D (missing out C). It's nice to know I'll have covered some of it.:thumb2

Oooof! Quite ambitious for a Saturday after the Friday night before! :beerjug: :D but if you've no hangover and the day to spend, there are some fabulous roads there. I'll post up a "Whisky route" but it''ll be a lot shorter.

Thanks for your kind offer Pete for organising a run, but I'll be indulging in the all new innovation of adventure bus riding.:thumb2
(hardcore doesn't come close):D

:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-13-08-25-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-13-08-25-55.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 172
Five of us are staying at Lochinsh for a few days on 26th so we might try that route.

Sadly one of us has to use a trike now which, hopefully, won’t be a problem.

Looks a great route

��

Would love to make this jaunt, but have other commitments this weekend.
Depending on what time you are getting to Aviemore, I may see you there.
Enjoy the weekend, and that Saturday ride out looks quite long. Pray for the right weather or the right gear.
Cheers

Would love to make this jaunt, but have other commitments this weekend.
Depending on what time you are getting to Aviemore, I may see you there.
Enjoy the weekend, and that Saturday ride out looks quite long. Pray for the right weather or the right gear.
Cheers

Good grief ... Rev Chuck! There's a name from the past! Bizarrely, I came across this today :chuck and wondered what had become of you!

The ride out won't be going near Aviemore though! PM me if you want some possible RV points that are on the route I'm planning!

Thanks Posh Pete.
Been away awhile, but hopefully making it back.
And moved from the Borders to the Highlands - and the route on the map posted by Brut33 suggests Aviemore is on the way. Hey ho! Sadly I am a bit busy this weekend and cannot make it up to Portsoy, or anywhere else for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom