Crashed hard drive

sanqhar

Reaction score
I had Basecamp on my 2010 iMac that crashed recently.

I have a MacBook Pro and when I went to the App Store and downloaded Basecamp all I got was the basic main roads only version.

My Zumo is so old I never got free map upgrades with it. The old maps are more than adequate for my purposes. How do I get the full mapping onto my MacBook? I only use the Zumo a couple of times a year but still need to plan a route when I do.

I don't particularly want to buy the full mapping again. If connect my Zumo 550 to the MacBook will the MacBook load the maps from the Zumo? Buying a cable will be cheaper than buying the full mapping.

tom

How do I get the full mapping onto my MacBook? I only use the Zumo a couple of times a year but still need to plan a route when I do.

Lifetime maps are quite cheap these days, and might save some grief (downloading/installing is automated).

Said that, Open Street Map is your friend.
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
I have an old 60csx that I use offroad and I keep an extra memory card with OSM UK maps to get routes back home on asphalt at the end of the day.
While my XT was being repaired by Garmin, had to stick the 60csx to my GS to use it in and around London a few times: seems to work more than ok.

Plug your 550 in, if it drags the maps across, job done for pennies.

If it doesn’t work, as above, Open Street Maps are perfectly good and free.

Or use one of the many app’s that bods here rave about.

Spend the saving on site subscription. This advice has saved you the cost in a few minutes. :D

:beerjug:

I have used this before to get maps onto 2 different computers at the same time. Maybe someone local could create a usb copy for you ?
The map can be copied and used in BaseCamp and routes etc created sent to any device, just that the map cannot be sent to another device.

To move a map to another PC use JaVaWa's GMTK program

Back
Top Bottom