Battle of Britain Memorial flight visitor centre - RAF Coningsby

GreyHairedWombat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Battle of Britain Memorial flight visitor centre at RAF Coningsby and if so what did you think? Was the tour and what was available to view worth the £9.50 ticket? Thanks

Yes, worth every penny. I intend to go back some time as the Lanc was away for instrument tests the day I visited.

Yes, worth every penny. I intend to go back some time as the Lanc was away for instrument tests the day I visited.

Just in case anyones planning to go soon and hope to see the lanc, it's at Duxford coming to end of a maintanance check, it will return soon its currently having engine runs, but phone to check if you wanted to see it

Photo DCW Duxford

Attachments

• Lancaster Engine runs 10.08 Duxford.jpg
    Lancaster Engine runs 10.08 Duxford.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 345
Not been for a couple if years but a great place to visit and well worth the money.
Not sure how covid rules will have changed that though.

+ 1 for East Kirkby. Take time to walk around and see everything. Café is good value as well. There's usually a little area near the entrance gate for bike parking.

Also, apparently, it's one of the most haunted sites in the UK

If anyone wants to see a Spitfire, come and stand in my garden. One has just flown over. It happens most days in the summner.

Just in case anyones planning to go soon and hope to see the lanc, it's at Duxford coming to end of a maintanance check, it will return soon its currently having engine runs, but phone to check if you wanted to see it

Photo DCW Duxford

Good call Mark,do you have any idea when it's due to fly back?Last time I saw it I was walking the dog around Trumpington Meadows and watched it heading north over the A14

Kimbo

+ 1 for East Kirkby. Take time to walk around and see everything. Café is good value as well. There's usually a little area near the entrance gate for bike parking.

Also, apparently, it's one of the most haunted sites in the UK

East Kirkby bike night was well attended last week and I saw a few from the East Midlands group there. :thumby:

Lancaster 'Just Jane' was started up and did a taxi run.

Good ride out to run in the new to me GSPD.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 07.55.03.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 07.55.03.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 07.57.29.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 07.57.29.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 249
Yep. I went there a couple of years ago and it was well worth the visit. We also visited East Kirkby Aviation Heritage Centre which was great.

If you have extra spare time, there is also the Bubble Car Museum which is a good way to spend.....oohh....perhaps 30 minutes! They have a camping field though, so that's where we stayed. But....next time I am up there camping I will stay at the Red Lion in East Kirkby itself.

Back
Top Bottom