Is this standard?

Where does he live?

Perhaps a forum member could give it the 'once over' for you? ;)
Well, he's in Macclesfield, but the bike is in Milton Keynes with his son-in-law at the moment... I'm beginning to feel a stronger pull from the latest Triumph Speedmaster. I'm hoping to get a test ride on one soon.

Well, he's in Macclesfield, but the bike is in Milton Keynes with his son-in-law at the moment... I'm beginning to feel a stronger pull from the latest Triumph Speedmaster. I'm hoping to get a test ride on one soon.

The Speedmaster is a great bike just a bit compromised in the rear shock department especially two up but it is easily sortable :thumb

The downside is you will have to up your budget as you won't get one for £7000 ;)

The Speedmaster is a great bike just a bit compromised in the rear shock department especially two up but it is easily sortable :thumb

The downside is you will have to up your budget as you won't get one for £7000 ;)
I've been thinking about the Speedmaster for a while. This Harley popped up and I was seduced by the style and the price - mostly because I'm still waiting for the DVLA to decide whether or not I can keep my licence (medical reason) and I wouldn't be risking too much money if they decide no.

I've got an R1250R at the moment and will probably aim to p-ex it for a new Speedmaster. Do you know if there's a preferred replacement shock, or is it a case of the usual suspects?

I know that Triumph used to offer a Fox shock as a Triumph branded replacement on the Bobber but don't believe they offered a similar unit for the Speedmaster. I have only ever seen Speedmasters fitted with either Nitron or Hagon shocks

If you are considering a brand new bike be aware that it is likely to be a Euro 5 bike and if you like a fruity exhaust note you're buggered as the exhaust system is a one piece/welded up jobbie so you can't fit an X-Pipe to delete the catalyst !

If I were doing something similar I'd be looking at a low mileage, pre Euro 5 used model with a few farkles, which you can pick up for about £2500 less than a new one :thumb

I know that Triumph used to offer a Fox shock as a Triumph branded replacement on the Bobber but don't believe they offered a similar unit for the Speedmaster. I have only ever seen Speedmasters fitted with either Nitron or Hagon shocks

If you are considering a brand new bike be aware that it is likely to be a Euro 5 bike and if you like a fruity exhaust note you're buggered as the exhaust system is a one piece/welded up jobbie so you can't fit an X-Pipe to delete the catalyst !

If I were doing something similar I'd be looking at a low mileage, pre Euro 5 used model with a few farkles, which you can pick up for about £2500 less than a new one :thumb
Cheers

I'd put money on it starting its life as a Softail Standard

The grey motor is a BIG clue

Apparently, it’s a Platinum Edition… whatever that was. It has a certificate of authenticity with the VIN number.

I’ve gone off the idea of buying it. It’s on Autotrader and eBay if anyone fancies a look.

Saw some very trick tubeless spoked wheels on the new Harley baggers at the IMS a few weeks ago. Cast alloy rim with regular spokes laced to the hub.

As for that bike, it’s just a standard SoftTail with fuel injection (hence the i).

Don’t recall for sure whether rear came as solid cast or not - ask seller if he has one. Otherwise I’d track one down and put it on instead of laced rear. Easier to fix on the side of the road with a plug, and generally the rear is where you’re gonna get a flat.

The front was not tubeless, btw, and can’t be on the stock HD rim from that era.

Back
Top Bottom