Seat lock

Bubb

Dogsbody
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know the seat lock for the r80g/s (and R80ST) has been discontinued for some time.

I was wondering if anyone had one as the plastic piece on mine has given up. Or an alternative method to secure the dual seat.

I have done a google search and all I found was someone on advrider in the us selling a lock system for 125 dollars which I think is a bit much, especially with the cost of postage(and probably customs dues on top)

So I was hoping that someone on here had an alternative method I could buy to secure my dual seat.
It’s a shame someone hasn’t started reproducing these, especially now there is the systems that will make whatever you want from CAD drawings....... I don’t have one of these, nor the ability to design the part, but I’m sure clever people on here could.

Thanks in advance of any assistance

Bubb

Yes

Tried motorworks. They have none.

But lots of time on the web seems to have located a source..... time will tell once I get a reply to an e mail I have sent.
If I get a positive result, I will post again to say where it came from.....but not worth putting a link here if it then proves fruitless.

Bubb

Bibb, send a PM to colt on here, I sold him a bunch of parts last week including the items you need. He may be willing to sell them on to you….

I would also like a seat lock and have gone through exactly the same route and thought process as you Bub. Currently got one without a lock that works through eBay, Rock Strap before that, discounted the mad priced yank bit. There is bound to be a couple of quid in it for a machinist or toolmaker on here to get one onto the market? My name has been on the Motorworks list for a long time now, guess i am not alone there

Back
Top Bottom