Caroll Nash... 22% Price difference from last year

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Couldn't believe it when the bike insurance renewal came through the letter box this morning.
There's a 22% difference between this years premium and last years.

Yes, 22% difference on a multi-bike policy, seven bikes in total, UK and european breakdown cover, inner London postcode.

Yes, unbelievable, that's 22%, cheaper :D:D :okay

Couldn't believe it when the bike insurance renewal came through the letter box this morning.

Yes, 22% difference on a multi-bike policy, seven bikes in total, UK and european breakdown cover, inner London postcode.

That's brilliant, mine went up.!!

Rather than post your mine is cheaper lol bollox

Post your actual renewal figures , lets see what your paying with your lovely provider for the service there giving you

:)

I left them this March when they wanted 20% more and I got hit in a 2 week period for £80 to take one bike off the policy and put another on 14 days later.

Been with them for 20 odd years and full ncd living in the middle of nowhere and bikes kept in a block garage with extra door locks, alarm and cctv coverage

I was with BMW Motorrad last year, hadn't noticed the renewal which was an email instead of mailed as they had done in the past. A jump of £100 to £550ish, no claims, no change and full protected no claims/

Spotted the money come out the back account, gave them a call. I was very unimpressed, the bod, goes. Regarding improving the price, they go 'The computer says no', I was a day into the policy, so say just cancel it. SO speaking to BeMoto, and they could do fully comp for £140, okay lets have Titanium added, persuaded they to keep that £30 as per doing it on line rather that £40 with a phone call. But talking through that and I found there would be no payment for a lose of the bike if not garaged but stolen within 500m of the property. I did not like that as there are loads of scenarios where my bike might be near the property and not garaged. Anyway, ended up with a different insurer, a better X's, and a small loading to x's if stolen near home. Still only £240 ish. saving of £300. The insurer AXA, the company that the previous year had insured me for £450 through Devitts / BMW :blast

Oh well I'm happy I think my experience so far with BeMoto feels good, time will tell how that pans out.

Renewal invite from carol nash a whopping 561 quid for 54 yrs old, full ncb, IAM, no change in circs address etc...much ringing around got it down to 243, which they matched. couldnt get a multibike policy that wasnt really high..680 to include my 1200 quid fzs600! what a bunch of chancers! paid the 243 plus 160 for the fazer

i pay £194 for my GS with Express Insurance Services, im 52 years young :)
Devitt wanted £321 to renew.
Since I've never paid over £200 it wasn't likely to happen, plus the fact i only pay £340 for my car!

It has gone up a fair bit since i got the BMW though, other bikes was always between £90-130 :(
they do take the biscuit with their renewal prices though.

Since moving to Bemoto I have sold two bikes and replaced them a few weeks later with two different ones , with CN it would have incurred four separate £40 charges ie £160 on my premium for the year.

Mine went down 46% - although I have moved since and now have a garage.

However, it was still 89% more than the Bikesure quote - MCN were £5.00 more than Bikesure.

Anyhow, I rang Carol Nash who chopped around £500 from the quote, with the same insurer - Highway. It was still £70 more than Bikesure.

When I told the guy at Carol Nash that I thought it was offensive to drop best part of £500 for the sake of a call he didn't understand why...

I will call Bemoto to see what their offering is.

My carol Nash policy has also come down a bit. £294.24 for 3x bikes (88 GS80, 07 X-Country and 07 X-Challenge special)

I shall ring bemoto and see what they can do. The breakdown recovery is £64 of that mind, but that is cheaper than buying recovery on its own (about £80).

Back
Top Bottom