Annual insurance whinge

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We’ve all seen it so many times it’s becoming boring but my policy comes up for renewal in a couple of weeks and the quote arrived today.

It’s to cover an 1150 GS, a 501 Husqvarna and a 500 Enfield, all kept in a brick built garage and I’ve got over 20 years NCB and a clean licence.

Renewal cost £582.67

This includes the following:
£29.99 flexride cover (other people bikes)
£17.00 personal accident cover
£76 breakdown cover
£40 excess protection

That’s £162.99 in total for additional cover.

Then there’s £85 policy issue fee which means that out of the 582.67 renewal figure £247.99 is for ‘extras’ and £334.68 is for insurance on the three motorbikes.

I think I’ll spend a bit of time getting other quotes before they snatch the money using auto renewal which I’m pretty sure I told them to remove but has appeared on the renewal.

At least Dick Turpin wore a fucking mask.

We’ve all seen it so many times it’s becoming boring but my policy comes up for renewal in a couple of weeks and the quote arrived today.

It’s to cover an 1150 GS, a 501 Husqvarna and a 500 Enfield, all kept in a brick built garage and I’ve got over 20 years NCB and a clean licence.

Renewal cost £582.67

This includes the following:
£29.99 flexride cover (other people bikes)
£17.00 personal accident cover
£76 breakdown cover
£40 excess protection

That’s £162.99 in total for additional cover.

Then there’s £85 policy issue fee which means that out of the 582.67 renewal figure £247.99 is for ‘extras’ and £334.68 is for insurance on the three motorbikes.

I think I’ll spend a bit of time getting other quotes before they snatch the money using auto renewal which I’m pretty sure I told them to remove but has appeared on the renewal.

At least Dick Turpin wore a fucking mask.

I simply cannot wait to be done with this shit, not long now if I don`t murder my solicitor and that is seriously on the fucking cards, with the wife being mental and the world as it is, I feel a murder would allow me to be looked after for life.

I know there’ll always be additional costs but I’d be happier if the auto renew charge didn’t include the add ons unless I requested them. It’s only a small thing and I know that it’s a bit pathetic when you consider that in other parts of the World people are hiding because they fear for their lives but I’ll probably change brokers over the matter.

Sounds expensive to me . . might be worth trying Bemoto, RHS, Cornmarket for quotes.
FWIW I have 6 bikes on a multi bike policy for not much more than you’re paying.

Disgusting !!
Mine was £187 and that’s a Rider Policy so I can have as many bikes as I like and don’t even need to tell them when I change bikes .

But that’s in Guernsey . Does highlight what a rip off the UK is .

Disgusting !!
Mine was £187 and that’s a Rider Policy so I can have as many bikes as I like and don’t even need to tell them when I change bikes .

But that’s in Guernsey . Does highlight what a rip off the UK is .

At 65km squared, Guernsey has nowhere to go

I thought everything was cheaper in the northern wa^^hinterlands

I thought everything was cheaper in the northern wa^^hinterlands

Not so. We lived in the wilderness before where the mist fell after dark and strangers vanished without trace. We’re actually in civilisation now where street lights are no longer a distant memory.

Move this to the insurance section ... where you might see I’ve paid 22% less than last last year. And I’m living in that there shitehole inner London :thumb

I take off all the additions now ….. renewed fully comp, ncb protection etc for £75 on a 2008 GSA. Can’t remember the name just go on the compare site every year.

I take off all the additions now ….. renewed fully comp, ncb protection etc for £75 on a 2008 GSA. Can’t remember the name just go on the compare site every year.

Same here. I'm with Carol Nash. Renewal came through for £200+. I called them and asked how come I can get it for £95 via C.N. online.
They said its because of the extra's. Went through them all and got rid as either already had them covered elsewhere or didn't need them.

...and another one this morning.
Car renewal came through £568.
Talked to them...stripped out the extra flummery, got it down to £400.
Went on money Supermarket... got cover for £184 with (gulp) SAGA... guess i'm getting old.

Back
Top Bottom