Leather trousers

samsgs

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations. I would like something more like jeans that are as supple but hopefully more abrasion resistant or have jeans improved to be as good as leathers? I hear goatskin is a thing but am not sure who makes them or where from.

Is this for clubbing or motorbike riding ?

I don’t think there is much choice at the moment - they must be ‘out of fashion’ (unless you go for the Harley bootcut jeans-style look)… I’ve been looking for a pair to replace my trusty old IXS leather strides after they ahem, shrunk during lockdown. Drew a blank tbh.

I don’t think there is much choice at the moment - they must be ‘out of fashion’ (unless you go for the Harley bootcut jeans-style look)… I’ve been looking for a pair to replace my trusty old IXS leather strides after they ahem, shrunk during lockdown. Drew a blank tbh.

Not far wrong

I fancy some leathers to go with my new Street fighter ( have I mentioned my Streetfighter before ) Any way what I didnt want was some tight leather suit that leaves you looking like a spastic chimpanzee when off the bike, dripping in Titanium bits and knee sliders

I went for a wander around my local motorcycle clothing emporium and the offerings for Alpine stars, Dainese Furygan etc were all cheap versions of what I do not want

Rukka leathers inbound as at least they are waterproof and relatively understated

Halvarssons Celtic [aka C], Seth & Rider with the last two being Goat. I took delivery of a pair of Celtic this very day. All are available from MotoLegends.

Before you all take the piss, these were really comfortable and fitted well.
I only used flat'ish knee pads in them. Alas, they shrunk at the waist ;)

This type of thing: lederhose or 292281466658

Of course, if you get them too tight, you will look like a tart :D

Anyone have any recommendations. I would like something more like jeans that are as supple but hopefully more abrasion resistant or have jeans improved to be as good as leathers? I hear goatskin is a thing but am not sure who makes them or where from.

The BMW Atlantis trousers may be worth having a look at. Expensive but worth every penny imo.

Um would like to suggest you go with Textile Pant. I found it more breathable and more waterproof. It holds off the heat better than leather pants. I have been using Saxon Pant that I had ordered from Viking cycle and am pretty satisfied with the quality of the product.

Rukka Coriace are the only pair of Leather trousers you will ever need, superb quality and fully waterproof as I can vouch for.

celtics are half the price of the rukka and completly waterproof,had a celtic suit for just over 2 years,also have a pair of the goatskin rider pants and they are super comfy so bought the jacket to match

Suggest

that you look at Resurgance.
The ones I bought are woven Kevlar, with 8 times the abrasion resitance of leather. They are Heavy!
Havn't tried them out in an accident, but I have no reason to believe they will not work as claimed.

Get a pair of these, not leather but better abrasion resistance than jeans and they have good armor, they’re a bit stretchy so the armor stays where it should and they are very comfortable on and off the bike

Neutral enough to go with whatever you’re riding and they also do a ladies version fer yer bint :thumb2

Contact Kate at Hideout Leather, who are not a million miles away from London. She’ll make you some, made to measure, to just about any specification your heart desires.

Got a link, mate?

Natch, mate:

https://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/

celtics are half the price of the rukka and completly waterproof,had a celtic suit for just over 2 years,also have a pair of the goatskin rider pants and they are super comfy so bought the jacket to match

I have to agree that If I was using my own money I would almost certainly purchase the Halvarssons Celtic, I did try them and they are very good leathers :okay

Rukka Coriace are the only pair of Leather trousers you will ever need, superb quality and fully waterproof as I can vouch for.

Thanks, I had wondered what Rukka's Coriace trousers were like (they look brilliant). But are the Halvarssons Celtic pants really as good? And how do you think they compare to BMW Atlantis (now renamed Furka) waterproof leathers?

Contact Kate at Hideout Leather, who are not a million miles away from London. She’ll make you some, made to measure, to just about any specification your heart desires.

Got a link, mate?

Natch, mate:

https://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/

I'll add another vote for Hideout leathers :thumby:

The BMW Atlantis trousers may be worth having a look at. Expensive but worth every penny imo.

I bought a pair secondhand from this site a while back for £100 they are brilliant comfy , waterproof and you dont look like a dispatch rider in them

If you don’t want to spend a fortune have a look at Skintan.

They took a while to break in , but fit nice now.

Textiles are now better than leather in many ways. Including slide time.

Caveat: for most folks in most riding conditions. Maybe not at 200mph on a race track.

In reality, jeans only have a better slide time than leather in their advertising claims.

Yes, I know, we have jeans with a CE AAA rating. They are undoubtedly more protective than motorcycle jeans of yore – things have come a long way. So, why don’t race suits use this material?

The CE testing (a lot better than not having independent tests) does not drop clothing from a meaningful height. But in a real-life crash, we fall from around a metre (or more in a highside) onto the ground. This “impact abrasion” matters: decent quality leather is highly resistant to it, but the currently available non-leather materials are massively damaged by it. So, racers wear leather because, for now, it’s the most protective gear in reality.

In addition, leather won’t melt onto your skin in the heat caused by a long slide, and tight leathers act as a splint. Leather trousers’ ability to act as a splint has been found to preserve life in the event of severe pelvis injuries.

By all means, wear motorcycle jeans – I have some for urban riding – but let’s not kid ourselves that they are in the same protection league as leather.

Back
Top Bottom