East Midlands ride out?

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have spoken with Chris (Mistacat) and Derek about them organising a road ride in the near future as we have not had one since 2019.

Thankfully they have agreed to sort one again.

No date confirmed yet.

I will remind folks attending to have enough fuel at the start and the riding skills to keep with a group.

Cheers
Gerry

We have pencilled in Saturday 18th of September for this ride out.
Meeting venue, times and other information to follow. :)

We have pencilled in Saturday 18th of September for this ride out.
Meeting venue, times and other information to follow. :)

Thanks Chris, Derek had nearly forgiven me for committing him to be your support when we met this evening!

Plan is to meet at a cafe from 9 o'clock for those who want to get a breakfast cob before departure by 10 with a stop for lunch at a pub before a second leg of the ride.

If people are interested can you post up here incase we need alert the pub on numbers.

Cheers Gerry

Thought this was a great idea, but afraid you will have to mark me abscent as away that weekend.
Real shame, I was really looking forward to the next ride out.
Have a great time all.

At the moment that Saturday we are booked to provide safety boat for the Bala Swim... but I have heard that Bala has a bad blue-green algae bloom. It may not go ahead. If there is a bit of rain between now and then, it could flush it. Only time will tell.

At the moment that Saturday we are booked to provide safety boat for the Bala Swim... but I have heard that Bala has a bad blue-green algae bloom. It may not go ahead. If there is a bit of rain between now and then, it could flush it. Only time will tell.

I was canoeing in Lake Bala a week ago. There's a lot of BG algae around the edges. A lot. However, it didn't seem to stop the locals from going in for a swim, the place was rammed on the Monday after noon.

RIDE OUT INFORMATION

Saturday 18th September 2021, South Leicestershire & North Northamptonshire.
All Welcome.
Leave A1 Stadium Diner at Colsterworth on the A151 NG33 5JN at 10.00
Approximately 140 miles.
Lunch will be approx. halfway round (12.00 ish) at the Willow Tree Cafe , Brixworth Country Park, NN69DG.
Arriving back at the A1 Diner at 15.00 ish
Derek will be tail end Charlie.
The ride will be mainly on B, C & U roads , All have tarmac surfaces as this is a road ride.
This route has been plotted on tomtom My drive and also a .gpx file of the route is available if you PM me your email.

Thanks Chris I am looking forward to this.

I will pm you for the GPX file.

Gerry

Hope to make this, I'll be the Irish guy in the Suzuki:beerjug:

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am not able to join this ride.

Bump to remind folks this is open to all and weather forecast is looking decent.

Enjoy the day :thumby:

Weather still looking good for Saturday.
The Jubilee Service Station is only a few hundred yards from the A1 Stadium Diner where we are departing from, so is ideal for those who wish to top up their tank before departing.
The ride is Approximately 140 miles and as it is minor roads, fuel stations are rare.

Not going to make this... hopefully next time..enjoy

Ride out today

Thanks to Chris and derek and everybody involved in today’s ride out nice roads and even better food . Looking forward to the next one , thanks

Good to hear that you enjoyed it.
A couple of photo`s of dubious characters.

b9Z8fvT.png
[/IMG]
sl0GFCZ.png
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom