Upgrade Sena 20s to 30s?

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of quite old 20s Sena headsets. They work fine, but the music could be better, so I wonder if it’s worth upgrading to the 30s with HD speakers.

I don’t ride in a group, I just want better sound.

Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just gone from a 20s to a 50s. Sound quality is a bit better (I mostly use in-ear jobs). It has a much nicer app and a neat charging cable that also updates the firmware automatically.

A purchasing tip - find the best price from a UK dealer, send the link to Motolegends and they’ll beat it by 10%.

Mine would be go to the 30 and avoid the 50,

The new 30's wil be coming with the HD speakers ;)

My 50 was only in the helmet for 2 hrs before being re-boxed and returned

The latest firmware in the 50 has issues, with the voice recognition ... in short it dosent recognise voices. It worked about 1 time in ten when giving commands -

You can roll back to an earlier firmware, which supposedly fixes the issue, but they dont offer an earlier firmware in the update list

I’ve just gone from a 20s to a 50s. Sound quality is a bit better (I mostly use in-ear jobs). It has a much nicer app and a neat charging cable that also updates the firmware automatically.

A purchasing tip - find the best price from a UK dealer, send the link to Motolegends and they’ll beat it by 10%.

Do you plug ultimate ears or some such into the headphone jack on the Sena.

I found the sound much better like that but it’s a lot of wires to faff with.

Do you plug ultimate ears or some such into the headphone jack on the Sena.

I found the sound much better like that but it’s a lot of wires to faff with.

Remember, you can't use in ear speakers in parts of Europe, so if you tour abroad you still need helmet speakers

Is there a speaker upgrade for the 30s that anybody knows of?

Yes you can get HD speakers for the 30S

i have a set in a box waiting to go in mine lol

if there no better than the std one's there going back ;)

Best upgrade is to buy Cardo packtalk bold!
Waterproof and with a 2 year warranty
SENA not interested when my 20s failed with a well known issue
They suggested I just buy another 20s I suggested they FRO!

Best upgrade is to buy Cardo packtalk bold!
Waterproof and with a 2 year warranty
SENA not interested when my 20s failed with a well known issue
They suggested I just buy another 20s I suggested they FRO!

And yet when my 50S failed on battery life after 12 months they could not have been more helpful and I had another within a week

Sena also has 2 year warranty

And yet when my 50S failed on battery life after 12 months they could not have been more helpful and I had another within a week

Sena also has 2 year warranty

My 30K failed after 18 month,s wouldnt recognise the mic also replaced without quibble

I just bought the Interphone UCOM-16 which is now going back as it is full of bugs, has connectivity issues but crucially, won't charge properly. Says it has full battery then fails in 5 minutes. Tried all different kinds of USB plugs to no avail.

I am returning it and swapping for a Sena. Is the 50s the best option? I need decent speakers as my tinnitus reduces my ability to hear inside the helmet. Any advice appreciated.

I just bought the Interphone UCOM-16 which is now going back as it is full of bugs, has connectivity issues but crucially, won't charge properly. Says it has full battery then fails in 5 minutes. Tried all different kinds of USB plugs to no avail.

I am returning it and swapping for a Sena. Is the 50s the best option? I need decent speakers as my tinnitus reduces my ability to hear inside the helmet. Any advice appreciated.

I like the sena 50S

For me it just works ( at least now I have one with a non fucked battery) simple to use as these things go and the mesh is very good

The speakers are reasonable and I have no issues hearing it even with some custom ear plugs

I like the sena 50S

For me it just works ( at least now I have one with a non fucked battery) simple to use as these things go and the mesh is very good

The speakers are reasonable and I have no issues hearing it even with some custom ear plugs

Great - will go with that.

Anyone done the HD speaker upgrade to a 20s?
As I don’t need all the mesh stuff, there’s only ever 2 of on intercom, maybe that’s an option.

I pair Iphone to the headset as a phone, Zumo XT as a GPS, and play music from the phone using the Zumo as a controller. The phone also pairs to the XT via Garmin Drive.

It’s just music volume and clarity that’s the issue.

Anyone done the HD speaker upgrade to a 20s?
As I don’t need all the mesh stuff, there’s only ever 2 of on intercom, maybe that’s an option.

I pair Iphone to the headset as a phone, Zumo XT as a GPS, and play music from the phone using the Zumo as a controller. The phone also pairs to the XT via Garmin Drive.

It’s just music volume and clarity that’s the issue.

Just done it on a 30k,

yes they are an improvement , a lot louder at a given volume - Bass isnt bad, but never going to be any good given the driver / enclosure

Back
Top Bottom