Teleworking in Spain

BobT

Reaction score
We live full time in France but the GF works for a UK company and pays UK tax etc. All perfectly legal as she is classed as a cross border worker. For the past year she has had to work from here as a teleworker and we have a decent internet so that works fine.
Looking for somewhere in Spain, love Seville, where we could rent a place with decent internet for a month or two, but it must have secure parking for the two bikes.
Does anyone know of such a place? Has anyone else tried teleworking?

We live full time in France but the GF works for a UK company and pays UK tax etc. All perfectly legal as she is classed as a cross border worker. For the past year she has had to work from here as a teleworker and we have a decent internet so that works fine.
Looking for somewhere in Spain, love Seville, where we could rent a place with decent internet for a month or two, but it must have secure parking for the two bikes.
Does anyone know of such a place? Has anyone else tried teleworking?

I can’t answer your question, but curious about tax. I thought if you work from home in France you must pay French tax. So U.K. citizens working fro holiday homes now liable for tax after x days ?

Is this the case or have I misunderstood it.

Estepona or San Pedro de Alcantara on the Costa Del Sol. Two vibrant towns with a strong Spanish population and some English "natives" :augie (if you need to interact with them). Good fibre to the home in most places. Plenty of apartments in communities with secure parking.

I can’t answer your question, but curious about tax. I thought if you work from home in France you must pay French tax. So U.K. citizens working fro holiday homes now liable for tax after x days ?

If only it was that simple and logical......................................

You haven't misunderstood but there isn't enough info to say anything further. Cross border workers are special :aidan

If only it was that simple and logical......................................

You haven't misunderstood but there isn't enough info to say anything further. Cross border workers are special :aidan

This is what’s stopping me buying a holiday home in France as I’m not keen on paying more tax.

We are both French residents with residents cards. The GF was classified as a cross border worker before the end of the Brexit date so has certain rights. Normally she has to do the majority of her work in the UK and pay UK tax and NI, but due to covid and travel restrictions there is a dispensation in place for cross border workers. It is quite complicated.
If she was starting this now it would would no longer be possible due to brexit, a big thank you to those who were allowed to vote.

This is what’s stopping me buying a holiday home in France as I’m not keen on paying more tax.

You would not be paying any more tax as you would not be allowed to work here at all since brexit. That is what your country voted for.

Estepona or San Pedro de Alcantara on the Costa Del Sol. Two vibrant towns with a strong Spanish population and some English "natives" :augie (if you need to interact with them). Good fibre to the home in most places. Plenty of apartments in communities with secure parking.

Thanks for that, will make my internet search easier.

Try Mojacar in Andalucia beautiful, Have a look at coastal properties on line, get a great place for around £600-1000 per month rental, depending on what size your after. It has the sea and the mountains, also roads to die for.

Back
Top Bottom