New Tiger Sport 660

I went to my local Triumph dealers yesterday where a mate works and was interested in buying my GSXS1000GT as I find myself riding it like Ive stolen it all the time and I doubt at my age I will last very long at that pace, they offered me a decent cash price for the bike
On arrival they had a 22 plate 350 mile Blue Tiger sport 660 with Panniers, Hand guards the bike is mint and to be honest does not look like its been ridden, I was admiring its size and blue colour when my mate said "take it out I bet your surprised" as I was doing nothing I thought it would be rude not to, and as it had a full tank of fuel it was a no brainer,
The dealer said take it for as long as you want we close at 5:30
So off I went, first 2 miles not over keen it was flat compared with the GSXS1000 after that I realised it was only a 660 and began to rev it a bit harder and got the feel for it, I have to say I was surprised it rode superbly plenty quick enough for my silly short commute and it could get a wriggle on when pushed, handling was really good and confidence inspiring especially with the road 5s to be honest there was nothing I did not like about the bike the sound was pure symphonic from the very smooth triple, I got back some 3 hours later and promptly bought the bike
I pick it up Saturday after having the 1st service done
top box rack fitted
Heated grips fitted
Quickshifter fitted
Bluetooth module fitted
Top box
and still come out with £880 cashback happy days that should calm me down on my 5:30 am 2 mile commute LOL
Hopefully I will keep this one, well for more than a month anyway !!

Ill post a couple of pictures when i collect it

Rob

Got a call today from the dealer all the bits came in today and are being fitted tomorrow so it will be ready for collection Saturday Midday, result !! Ill get my warm riding kit ready and go off and have a decent ride, hopefully it wont P155 down with bloody rain
The other Paul G Dibbs Noted mate (start saving) lol:blast:D:thumb

Got a call today from the dealer all the bits came in today and are being fitted tomorrow so it will be ready for collection Saturday Midday, result !! Ill get my warm riding kit ready and go off and have a decent ride, hopefully it wont P155 down with bloody rain
The other Paul G Dibbs Noted mate (start saving) lol:blast:D:thumb

Ha ha! Enjoy the new bike Rob - everything I have read suggests they're fabulous bikes, I'm envious!

And here it is, collected it at 9:30 got home at 15:25 the dealers is only 40 mins away I guess you could say I took the long way home Lol

Bike rides superbly, handles fantastic, speed is crazy for a 660, youd never believe it was only a 660 if you didnt know, finish is very good, excellent on fuel, bad point, I should have gone with Oxford heated grips the Triumph ones are complete shite barely feel they are on even on full, and at £220 they really are not worth it Oxfords are much hotter,

on the whole very impressed and happy with the bike, I was in 2 minds this morning riding the GSXS1000GT to the dealers but that feeling soon went with the screen blasting freezing cold air straight into my face and chest, but my god is it a quick bike !!

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1146.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1146.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 183
  • thumbnail_IMG_1147.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1147.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 186
  • thumbnail_IMG_1149.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1149.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 182
my brother has one the same colour. he has done 2k mls since july. he has the same problem with the heated grips, he is going to try to get the dealer to swap for oxford ones.

Must admit I am going to complain to be honest and attempt to give them back, £220 Vs £51.00 from the sportsbike shop dont really seem fair !!

Are they 2 or 3 stage grips?

I had Triumph 3 stage grips on my Scrambler 1200 and the hottest setting was scorchio

THese are 3 stage and to be honest at best they are luke warm, ive not ridden it with them on but had it on idle for 15 mins and really not impressed at all ,Emailed the dealer and he has just come back to me saying bring them back mate and ill do you a full refund !!

so Im off to the Sportsbike shop in the morning to collect the Oxfords !!

Rob

And here it is, collected it at 9:30 got home at 15:25 the dealers is only 40 mins away I guess you could say I took the long way home Lol

Bike rides superbly, handles fantastic, speed is crazy for a 660, youd never believe it was only a 660 if you didnt know, finish is very good, excellent on fuel, bad point, I should have gone with Oxford heated grips the Triumph ones are complete shite barely feel they are on even on full, and at £220 they really are not worth it Oxfords are much hotter,

on the whole very impressed and happy with the bike, I was in 2 minds this morning riding the GSXS1000GT to the dealers but that feeling soon went with the screen blasting freezing cold air straight into my face and chest, but my god is it a quick bike !!

Rob

Looks good .
I saw my first GSXS-GT the other day and was disappointed. I’d gone to look at a V100 and the dealer was Suzuki and Guzzi .

The 660 is a great bike . Needs revving but they fly , without you doing silly three digit speeds .

Try keep it a few weeks, you fickle fucker :)

Looks good .
I saw my first GSXS-GT the other day and was disappointed. I’d gone to look at a V100 and the dealer was Suzuki and Guzzi .

The 660 is a great bike . Needs revving but they fly , without you doing silly three digit speeds .

Try keep it a few weeks, you fickle fucker :)

Im going to try mate,

off to the sportsbike shop this morning to get the Oxford grips
these dealers are a joke just checked the tyre pressures 30 front and 34 rear put them to the correct pressures now, I cant wait to see what it rides like now, I thought it was brilliant yesterday !!

Rob

Great bike there Rob and goes to show you don’t have to spend silly money to get something decent as an all rounder.

Well a lovely freezing 60 mile trip to get the heated grips, they are all fitted now, bit of a faf with the throttle side getting the OE rubber grip off but all sorted and the bike now has decent heated grips, I have to say apart from the GS this has to be the best bike ive bought in the last few years, and there has been a few it just feels competent and fun, the quickshifter is a must to be honest and makes a good difference, not been able to connect the bluetooth as yet so will wait for my son in law to sort that, hopefully its as good as ive heard, panniers are just as easy to fit as the varios i have on the 1250GS top box will fit 2 lids in and is normal Givi quality, and that with the panniers all work off the Ignition key so thats a touch,
Ive ordered a front fender extender, rear hugger extender, Union Jack rad guard, GIvi tank ring, Denali Split hooters, Top box Pillion pad, Alarm, Smaller number plate, 17 tooth front sprocket, although im not sure ill fit that as the gearing is short but it will still cruise at well above motorway speeds, I can seriously see myself using this going on tours if im alone, it feels so light and manageable it makes everything a bit easier !!

Rob

Tiger Sport 660 MCN Bike of the year Woohoo for once im with the in crowd LOL

still loving it so much so I came to work on it this morning Minus 2 degrees

Fender extender, Optimate lead, alarm, all arrived yesterday and was promptly installed,
still waiting for a load of bits to get here but off to Lapland tomorrow so they will have to wait !!

Rob

Just painted the front mudguard and side pods looks much better I think

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1198.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1198.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 326
  • thumbnail_IMG_1202.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1202.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 324
  • thumbnail_IMG_1203.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1203.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 332
  • thumbnail_IMG_1204.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1204.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 327
I believe the paint was Sirox 3 stage, the match is 100%

there are 2 updates that have just come out for the Tiger 660 one for the heated grips, Triumph have realised they dont get hot enough and the 2nd cures the connectivity problem with the Iphone
ive got mine booked in for the Iphone update !!

Rob

Back
Top Bottom