New Tiger Sport 660

You all know what im like and after selling the 1250GS Rallye and being left with 2 usable bikes the Tiger sport 660 and the
adv350 I sort of went into "its not big enough, its not powerful enough, its not a BMW !! Mode so I did a deal with a 2022 S1000XR TE with all the toys and was offered a great price for the Triumph so was happy to do it subject to me having a test ride on the XR,
I left my house on the Tiger all full of the joys of another new bike,
15 miles into the 50 mile trip I pulled off the motorway and stopped got off and had a look at the Triumph with all its panniers top box and bits on it and thought, Ive just sat at between 90-100 all the way here WTF am I doing it is big enough, it is powerful enough, its not a BMW but its £7500 cheaper than the XR at £15,999 without panniers, top box, alarm, etc etc
so turned around and went home, in all honesty smiling all the way, Ive never done that before so that says something for the Little Tiger Sport !!

Rob

I think the tiger could show it’s limits as a 2 up tourer but 1 up I’d imagine it’s nigh on perfect, lighter and more nimble than a GS or an XR but roomy and plenty powerful enough for anything you want it to do, looks good too :thumb2

You all know what im like and after selling the 1250GS Rallye and being left with 2 usable bikes the Tiger sport 660 and the
adv350 I sort of went into "its not big enough, its not powerful enough, its not a BMW !! Mode so I did a deal with a 2022 S1000XR TE with all the toys and was offered a great price for the Triumph so was happy to do it subject to me having a test ride on the XR,
15 miles into the 50 mile trip I pulled off the motorway and stopped got off and had a look at the Triumph with all its panniers top box and bits on it and thought, Ive just sat at between 90-100 all the way here WTF am I doing it is big enough, it is powerful enough, its not a BMW but its £7500 cheaper than the XR at £15,999 without panniers, top box, alarm, etc etc
so turned around and went home, in all honesty smiling all the way, Ive never done that before so that says something for the Little Tiger Sport !!

Rob
So you've gone from an 80 BHP Triumph T120 to a much more dynamic 80 BHP Tiger 660 Sport. Congratulations that you've managed to hang onto this one! Had you gone for a S1000XR, you would still have the chain drive after spending all that money.

Not exactly John the T120 was about 9 bikes ago lol I went from a R1250GS TE Rallye to the Tiger sport but I get your drift,

Rob:beerjug:

Powerbronze belly pan arrived yesterday did a dry fit to get the brackets in the right place, took it down the Booth and did it in blue I think it looks good a bit more substantial than the Triumph one

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1274.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1274.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 324
Out today for a 70 mile ish ride with a 1200GS, NT1100 fast A and B roads and at no time did the little tiger feel that it was under powered, I am so impressed with this little bike, took it home to Triumph for a visit LOL

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1277.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1277.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 302
  • thumbnail_IMG_1279.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1279.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 299
  • thumbnail_IMG_1278.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1278.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 298
  • thumbnail_IMG_1276.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1276.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 295
so much tart :D

was at pure triumph at woburn in november and was looking at the tiger

i likey apart from the dash - the trident - the front half is fine the rear just makes me wanna barf

any ideas if the dash off the trident would mount on the tiger?

the lines thing just looking at it makes me distracted :D

looking at a new hornet - although while looking saw a 900 hornet thats very cheap - had a new one in 03 and it brought back memories :D

only thing stopping me chopping in the nc is they aint cheap baws :D

Crikey I had to read that twice.

That says more for the Triumph than any internet review!!

I’ve followed more than one or two of Robs bikes and like you I had to read that twice. My only observations of Robs bike are that top box looks a long way back. Is it the fitting ? Or are they designed that way? .

Belly pan looks brilliant too.

Steve

Steve its the standard Triumph rear rack and Triumph top box but granted in the pics it does look to be a long way back,

Rob

Rob

Everyone needs a reality every now & again

Out today for a 70 mile ish ride with a 1200GS, NT1100 fast A and B roads and at no time did the little tiger feel that it was under powered, I am so impressed with this little bike, took it home to Triumph for a visit LOL

Topbox needs to go though

I’m also in the anti-top box brigade, now. Keep it in the shed unless it’s necessary for a holiday/tour. I rode for years with top boxes then decided the one on my Tiger 800 was just fugly and I find I can manage with a tail pack almost all the time.

LOL I do love me top boxes, I need one for the stuff i have to carry to go to work, i find them super handy, and never seem arsed to take them off even when out with the boys on a sunday!!

17 tooth front sprocket fitted Saturday, seems quite a bit better at motorway speeds, no searching for a 7th gear a bit more relaxed as well, cant feel any difference in acceleration so win win and at £7.01 delivered win win win Lol

Rob

Nice one Rob. I hate bikes that have you continually searching for another gear. Years ago my early Hinckley Bonnie was like that, really frustrating.

A bike with 6 gears like yours really shouldn't feel short geared.

Back
Top Bottom