Engine Cover Protection

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I've bought some shaped metal plates to bung on my engine covers for protection.

I have to admit I've not used this type before, I'm assuming I just 'stick' them on with silicone sealant or should I be using something else :nenau

Cheers

Andres

I've bought some shaped metal plates to bung on my engine covers for protection.

I have to admit I've not used this type before, I'm assuming I just 'stick' them on with silicone sealant or should I be using something else :nenau

Cheers

Andres

What are you hoping to achieve?

Not puncturing a case?

I would sooner not fit them and carry some JB weld, for the day a case 'may' get punctured, however if you have a decent alloy bashplate and handguards, then the likelihood is much diminished

:beerjug:

What are you hoping to achieve?

Not puncturing a case?

I would sooner not fit them and carry some JB weld, for the day a case 'may' get punctured, however if you have a decent alloy bashplate and handguards, then the likelihood is much diminished

Mostly protecting the cases from my boots, they are already starting to get scuffed to f**k....... but also puncture wounds from levers to an extent (I know they can never be 100% effective). I've got a very good bash plate fitted that offers great protection from hitting shit.

Andres

:beerjug:

Mostly protecting the cases from my boots, they are already starting to get scuffed to f**k....... but also puncture wounds from levers to an extent (I know they can never be 100% effective). I've got a very good bash plate fitted that offers great protection from hitting shit.

Andres

It's a dirt bike

Shit happens

It's called character and patina

I doubt Carlqvist, Mikkola, Aberg cared, back in the day:D

Attachments

• 76090_photo_5.jpg
    76090_photo_5.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 102
Horses for courses, some people put protection on their bike to prevent damage others simply take them off the road in case they get dirty in autumn winter and spring :D

Horses for courses, some people put protection on their bike to prevent damage others simply take them off the road in case they get dirty in autumn winter and spring :D

I don't ever let mine leave the garage, keeps them cleaner that way:p:D

Back
Top Bottom