Saturday Morning Ride Out. Sign up here.

Count me+1 in for the Saturday jaunt and BBQ. We are no longer staying overnight in B&B due to work commitments, but it's only 40 minutes for us from home to Portsoy.
Those staying in the Station Hotel just have to walk next door to the Portsoy ice cream shop. It's the best in Aberdeenshire and open from early until late... for those who like salted caramel and biscotti for breakfast, and raspberry ripple with whisky fudge for supper (other flavours are available!).

Updated list ...

PP
Garethstew
JB
U turn Tony
Tony's pal GSAMark, not the other Mark. :D
Wrinkleyowlie
Bazman
Old Codger
Packer
Simov + AN Other
Santa 2512 ????

Any more before I inform the cake stops?

Updated list ...

PP
Garethstew
JB
U turn Tony
Tony's pal GSAMark, not the other Mark. :D
Wrinkleyowlie
Bazman
Old Codger
Packer
Simov + AN Other
Santa 2512 ????

Any more before I inform the cake stops?

Hi Pete
I won’t be on the ride out now
Thanks
Jb

So ... I've been waiting for confirmation from Bob (see post 17 above) before posting this. Why? Yesterday, he got in touch offering to lay on a refreshment stop. Well, it would have been churlish to refuse such an offer but I wanted to check that it would be OK if the weather was not so good. Bob and Wendy are still happy to go ahead as they have a sheltered area outside the house, and his wife Wendy has been busy preparing all kinds of goodies! So it's all good! That being the case, we'll go ahead with the ride and finish it off at Bob and Wendy's place before returning to Portsoy.

If the weather is OK then we'll do the route I planned - about 100 miles in total. If the weather is pish then I'll do a mainly coastal route finishing up at Wendy and Bob's place near Kinloss.

Many thanks again to both of them for such a kind gesture! Round of applause for Bob and Wendy please! :bow :bow :bow

Weather

Met office rain radar shows rain dying out mid morning, heavier showers inland to the west over strathspey dying out. possible showers through the rest of the day

Hi all. Really sorry but I won’t be able to join you for the ride out today. Unexpected urgent work has to take priority. Hope you have a good day and the weather improves as forecast. Simon

Start delayed until 1230 for 1300 prompt. Shorter route to Bob’s place near Kinloss.

4b3875d9686bdbe9e9e6a8f85955f591.jpg

A couple of pics for those who missed the ride out and Wendy and Bob’s hospitality. :drool

Back
Top Bottom