BMW GS Pure Helmet

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently bought this helmet from a guy on here. No issues with that. Great seller and the helmet's as new and was a very good deal.

However, what is that peak all about? It's far too high up to be of any benefit in shielding the sun from your eyes. Even in off road mode with goggles, it'd be far too far away from the eye port to provide any roost protection.

Test reports say that it doesn't tug too much in the wind but on the basis of yesterday's 60 mile ride to get a new pair of tyres on the X-Country, it's worse than my two Tour-X and my Shoei Hornet.

I see that the more expensive GS Carbon helmet has the peak placed further down....:nenau

The helmet itself appears to be an Airoh Commander with a BMW label. It's very light and comfortable, relatively quiet but perhaps not well enough ventilated for very hot weather.

Anyone else got one and would like to comment...?

Attachments

• IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 731
The good news is that since it's an Airoh Commander with a different label, Airoh visors fit it. BMW don't list a black visor for the GS Pure, unlike the GS Carbon.

I know, the Pure has a drop down internal sun visor, so why would you want one?

Just in case, you're a poseur and want to look cool and menacing......moi? There is a black visor for the Airoh Commander which also has the drop down internal sun visor and it fits the GS Pure.

Attachments

• IMG_4712.jpg
    IMG_4712.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 578

Back
Top Bottom