Some advise....bike on ebay only

carbold

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning gents.
I am about to pull the trigger on this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224581122776

It's just on ebay, no MCN no Autotrader. I can't see it in person as it's a bit far. The owner seems genuine and would ride it down south but he wants a deposit before setting off.

What do you think?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 303
Good morning gents.
I am about to pull the trigger on this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224581122776

It's just on ebay, no MCN no Autotrader. I can't see it in person as it's a bit far. The owner seems genuine and would ride it down south but he wants a deposit before setting off.

What do you think?

Thirst to Sheffield - 73 miles. A bit far ? :nenau

Oh....no, that's my old address, I'm in Surrey :blast

Maybe somebody in this parish living close by could have a look for you and check the bike and the owner...
Or travel by train and take a ride back.........

It looks like its had the suspension up-rated ask the seller what has been done and what weight rider its been setup for? If he's genuine he will know.

Well have you HPI’d it and get the dealer name he bought it from and check it out with them he’s the owner. Seems lots done to it but was it him or previous owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about looking at it from a different angle.

You are worried about losing £9000+ to a scam advert?
So, rent a van for a day, use a tank of diesel and invest £200 plus a day of your life.

If it’s all OK the deal costs you a fraction more. If it’s not you’ve spent £200 ish.

Not too worried about losing 9k, more worried about losing a small deposit, if he's a scammer. I was tempted to take a train and have a look, but the guy sent all the receipts and it all looks genuine plus has offered to ride it down today. He's either a good scammer or a very very nice bloke :D
The bike seems to be set up for a taller rider, and I'm 6'. Gorgeous Unit Garage tank, and full adjustable WILBERS suspension... I used to have an R1150GS and used this forum a lot, I travelled all around Europe then new job, new house, children, bike sold. I regretted selling my lovely GS, I even tried to buy it back.
Lets see if I can jump on again

Nope, all gone. The work was done by the previous owner. It comes from Vines is Guilford

Check the sellers feedback on e bay has a few bad reviews with regards to cars he’s sold .
Personally I wouldn’t part with anything sight unseen .I’d start with checking whether the mods had been done correctly as part of a thorough check over.

The bike is in my drive. I'm back in town gents

I can check it out Monday night or Tuesday

I live 4 miles away and know Sowerby well

Not a bike have seen locally though

Edit
I see you have it now

Thanks for the offer @JohnnyBoxer, all sorted now. Lovely bike it seems.

Back
Top Bottom