Long Shot - Wanted - Rear Rack / Pannier Frames - R80ST / GS

Joe Bar

Too old to die young.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Long shot but does anyone have for sale a rear rack and/or pannier frames to suit an R80ST / GS. Black or chrome.

Cheers. :thumb2

I have a pair of the original BMW type pannier frames, which came off my 88 GS. They have a brace between them at the rear.
I ended up with a pair of Hepco & Becker ally boxes on mine
Would sell for £50 incl post

Hopefully someone knows better than I do, but unfortuantely I don't think the '88 version will fit the earlier ST / GS.

As I understand it, for my bike they should look like this -

HtIOiK.jpg

cvCqyd.png

But I think yours look like this -

EyGcEJ.jpg

4YLHUn.png

I have a pair of the original BMW type pannier frames, which came off my 88 GS. They have a brace between them at the rear.
The paralever pannier frames are very different to the G/S ST monolever ones as are again the ones for the Basic.

Ive got a set from a R80 G/S 1982 .

I bought them earlier on in the year but did not not use them . Then last month i bought a G/S PD with pannier carriers and rear rack fitted so i don't really need two sets.
Ill get them down from the loft and take a couple of pictures , and will look what i paid for them as i would just like to break even.

That’s a good deal, I just paid £38 for the bar alone to provide less vibration after one of my panniers flew off down the road in Germany.

I have a side frame set and Hepco and Becker-Panniers if you are interested.

Rear frame and box I'm keeping.

Attachments

• hepco and becker-frame.jpg
    hepco and becker-frame.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 105
  • hepco and becker-Panniers.jpg
    hepco and becker-Panniers.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 117
Thanks, but I'd prefer OE as I have three sets of panniers for those already, and would ideally prefer a rack over pannier frames, but preferabley both.

That last set look like they have been designed by someone who has had the OEM set break.DAHIK
So if you intend using them for a trip I would not dismiss them out of hand!

Back
Top Bottom