Controversial

Orbit

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm thinking of removing the Y piece and putting the Cat back on!!

Am I the only one that thinks I've lost low end grunt?

Discuss

If you haven't altered the fuelling to suit then it's quite possible that you have lost performance in some bits of the rev range.

I'm thinking of removing the Y piece and putting the Cat back on!!

Am I the only one that thinks I've lost low end grunt?

Discuss

They run better with a collector
Remus made a great 1150 GS collector box (sans Cat) & the original BMW cat and collector improves low & mid range grunt

I've ordered a cat. It's definitely missing some low end. My 2004 GSA had a cat and was much better low down. Hopefully the Y Piece will come off way enough!

I recall that a Y piece with original can felt better than also having a remus end can, what end can are you using

Currently standard end can with Y piece. I don't doubt it revs a bit quicker but low end torque has moved.

Interesting this. I have the standard system on mine still but I do have a y piece and Remus end can I was thinking of changing them for. I may wait a bit longer because I’m not bothered about performance but don’t want to lose the low down grunt I love.

I have a 2005 55 plate GSA. I have just ordered a cat from a 2003 bike. With 1.75 inch stubby. Are the cats all the same size? Will an older cat fit onto my downpipes????

I cut a square out of the top of the original collector (well 3 sides and bent it open) cut open the internal Y piece and welded tthe square back up
Worked well and flowed easier at all ranges' cant see cuts/weldinit when its fitted
No I didnt take photos sorry :thumby:
HTHY

For years I had standard exhaust system, then installed Lennies Rocket Sprockets (on the cam shafts)
That did make a change, a bit more get up and go.
Two years after installing the Rocket Sprockets, I installed a Leo Vance Exhaust sytem, Y piece (with the sensor) and the aft tube / muffler section.
WOW, really gets up and goes!

My engine has just had an overhaul (230,000km) and the original sprockets were reinstalled, but with the Leo Vance exhaust system.
It is now a bit flat, doesn't seem to pull quite so hard.
On one of the forth coming weekends soon, I shall re-install Lennies Rocket Sprockets as I do feel they make a noticeable difference.
I havent done anything else, no chips or different inlet tubes.

https://boxer-performance.com/rocket-sprocket-orders/

Finally got round to putting cat on and fitting a stubby end piece. OMG now I have the GS I remember. I knew it was not like my old black and yellow one. It's smoother, quicker and doesn't vibrate as much. Got my torque back. So glad I did it.

Finally got round to putting cat on and fitting a stubby end piece. OMG now I have the GS I remember. I knew it was not like my old black and yellow one. It's smoother, quicker and doesn't vibrate as much. Got my torque back. So glad I did it.

I have a couple of John Gemini’s stage 11 chips that would have fixed your problem with the y piece. Available if you need one :augie

I have a couple of John Gemini’s stage 11 chips that would have fixed your problem with the y piece. Available if you need one :augie

I'm loving the bike as it is at the moment but thanks anyway.

I've been running a Remus Y-piece and end can from almost new. I put the standard can back on and it felt much less lively. Reverted back to the Remus.

I've been running a Remus Y-piece and end can from almost new. I put the standard can back on and it felt much less lively. Reverted back to the Remus.

I haven't got the standard can on. Just the cat and a a stubby.

Significantly better. I've been smiling all day. This bike has had a Y piece fitted from new via the previous owner. If only he knew. Y Piece moved all the torque up the rev range. Standard end can always popped and banged despite checking for air leaks. I would get more vibrations beyond 5000rpm. All that has been sorted. I can't believe the difference.

Back
Top Bottom