1250 GSA engine blown

I suppose lucky all this oil didn't go over the rear tyre and cause it to crash.

It was his rear wheel collapsing , that caused the spokes to puncture the sump spraying all his oil out

I suppose lucky all this oil didn't go over the rear tyre and cause it to crash.

A close shave was had one night many years ago on my old Kettle - the crank seals were shot and it was blowing oil out of the breather on to the top of the crankcase. The oil migrated on to the left hand side of rear tyre causing me to shit myself as the bike slipped sideways.

Problem solved by fitting flexy oil pipe to filler and therefore recycling it.

When someone makes a post about a blown engine and do not provide any details but 'delivered to dealer' without any kind of details, it makes you wonder... And when requested for details and the response is silence, this makes me wonder even more.

Sure, there may be a perfectly legitimate reason for all of it, but when questions remain hanging in the air, it kind of makes you wonder: Is the post for real, or just a windup? :confused:

When someone makes a post about a blown engine and do not provide any details but 'delivered to dealer' without any kind of details, it makes you wonder... And when requested for details and the response is silence, this makes me wonder even more.

Sure, there may be a perfectly legitimate reason for all of it, but when questions remain hanging in the air, it kind of makes you wonder: Is the post for real, or just a windup? :confused:

The OP's last post was only yesterday where he stated he was going to visit the dealer today. Presumably Scorpio doesn't visit the forum too regularly and that might explain why there hasn't been a response just yet. Perhaps anyone who is frustrated by this thread could call Bahnstormer to try and find out :augie

If it was me then oil pouring out and from the front is about as accurate as l could be

Today my GSA decided to drop all its oil whilst riding at 70 mph. Less than a year old with 3600 miles. Engine started to make a ticking noise just prior to it going. Anyone else had a similar problem? Getting a loan bike from LCH through BMW.

That's very bad luck indeed. Hope they get you sorted quickly.

Has no one asked what oil he was using? :confused: :eek:

That can make all the difference between a reliable bike and one that shits the oil out unexpectedly :rob :D

Obviously must be down to rider error , the recent failure of my bikes ecu was because I obviously must abuse my bikes and do not clean them using the correct BMW branded cleaner and tears of German virgins diluted with pure Alpine water . Because as everyone knows failures on BMW motorcycles never happen and the final drive issues, collapsing wheels, flaking paint , fork issues are all damned lies and KTM riders anti BMW propaganda

Well without an update I’m going with my assumption that the oil fill cap came off releasing noise, some oil smell and dribble - The ensuing panic then prevented getting a grip of the situation before hitting the SOS button and going into meltdown with the last action of the poor soul being Post Thread

Today my GSA decided to drop all its oil whilst riding at 70 mph. Less than a year old with 3600 miles. Engine started to make a ticking noise just prior to it going. Anyone else had a similar problem? Getting a loan bike from LCH through BMW.
Is it fixed yet? Come on give us an update. JJH

I'm still trying to workout how several litres of oil escaped from the engine with no trace of a hole and I'm a Penn & Teller fan.

Back
Top Bottom