1250 GSA engine blown

scorpio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Today my GSA decided to drop all its oil whilst riding at 70 mph. Less than a year old with 3600 miles. Engine started to make a ticking noise just prior to it going. Anyone else had a similar problem? Getting a loan bike from LCH through BMW.

Today my GSA decided to drop all its oil whilst riding at 70 mph. Less than a year old with 3600 miles. Engine started to make a ticking noise just prior to it going. Anyone else had a similar problem? Getting a loan bike from LCH through BMW.
Your statement is a bit short on details and long on drama. What do you mean drop all its oil? Do you mean literally, an instant dump in one hit of all the oil? If so, what do you think happened? Did you hit something that holed the sump? Has a conrod smashed through the cylinder? Has the sump plug dropped out? What can you see? More detail would make this a more interesting and informative post.
Alan R

blown engine

Scorpio
I live in Fareham would be interesting to hear the details . Was it Bahnstormers you dealt with?
Cheers
Resovoir

Scorpio
I live in Fareham would be interesting to hear the details . Was it Bahnstormers you dealt with?
Cheers
Resovoir
Friends behind me said that suddenly a cloud of smoke came from my bike, I lost power with oil pouring out of the bike. Pulled in clutch and slowly came to a stop. Definitely a knocking noise from left side before it went. Definitely no hole. Loan bike coming from LCH via BMW tomorrow, just found out it’s a GS. Going to Bahnstormers tomorrow to see what they are going to do. Obviously not happy.

Friends behind me said that suddenly a cloud of smoke came from my bike, I lost power with oil pouring out of the bike. Pulled in clutch and slowly came to a stop. Definitely a knocking noise from left side before it went. Definitely no hole. Loan bike coming from LCH via BMW tomorrow, just found out it’s a GS. Going to Bahnstormers tomorrow to see what they are going to do. Obviously not happy.

If the engine isn’t holed. Where Is the oil coming from ?

Interesting. Following. Full disclosure please because even if the engine lost all its oil suddenly it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s useflied JJH

If all oil is gone, I only see oil filter fall off, or crack case, or no power final drive fail and oil gone from final drive

While we are waiting can we start with some speculation?

I’ll start with the low cost and easy to fix speculation - The oil fill cap came off, replacement required

I might be wrong as up until now I’d thought the water cooled did not use oil and was just filled with that clear gel stuff you put cut flowers in

Back
Top Bottom