Heated Grips

Purplegerbil

Reaction score
Hi all, I apologise if this has been covered but I can only find threads about heated grips not working.
My issue is slightly different from the others I've read in that both grips work but I can't seem to switch them off.
They are not always on and switching does give gentle heat on first setting and hotter on the two dot setting but if switched off they either don't turn off, turn off then come on again or can be off then randomly come on.
I guess it's the switch and have not looked inside this yet. Are they fairly simple inside ?
I plan on finding the fuse and disconnecting them for the time being but would like to have them working correctly for the winter if possible.
Any ideas ?
Many thanks
Andy

Lets do the easy part first ... 1100 or 1150 ? They have different switches and wiring.

Hi all, I apologise if this has been covered but I can only find threads about heated grips not working.
My issue is slightly different from the others I've read in that both grips work but I can't seem to switch them off.
They are not always on and switching does give gentle heat on first setting and hotter on the two dot setting but if switched off they either don't turn off, turn off then come on again or can be off then randomly come on.
I guess it's the switch and have not looked inside this yet. Are they fairly simple inside ?
I plan on finding the fuse and disconnecting them for the time being but would like to have them working correctly for the winter if possible.
Any ideas ?
Many thanks
Andy

My BMW C650 Sport scooter had an automatic setting for both the heated grips and seat.

If it were cold the bike would switch them on and off as it thought necessary.

Could it be yours are in the auto setting?

Thanks for the reply Steve.
I think it's too old for anything that fancy, from what I understand it's just off, warm or hot.
I have pulled the fuse for now but do intend to have a look inside the switch when I get a chance, I was just hoping someone may have had a look inside one and could give me an idea of what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom