Airhead later-type pannier keys

Gelandestrasse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some of you may know this, but I thought I'd post it for those without pannier keys.

The sort of pannier lock I refer to is on one picture (showing where you may find the key number); a bunch of keys in the other picture.

Key 'section' is if you cut the key across its working length; it's also the shape of the hole in your lock.

If you look at the keys in the photo you will see a) they are all in the same orientation and b) they only really differ in the key section (the profile is a bit irrelevant as only the tip goes in the lock). So there are ranges of key numbers that work many locks, if the key section is similar. The 050 top key is 'stepped' in profile, as is the next key, but then there is a key with a narrow groove and one with a wider groove. The last 3 keys have the groove on the other side.

So, by looking at your lock you might be able to articulate that you need a key with a groove on which side or if it is stepped, etc. The key number is less important.

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 195
Good information.

Thanks for taking the time to write up.

Mods - Sticky?

Good information, based on this does anyone have a key they want to sell that may fit my lock please. Thanks, John

Attachments

• 20220314_165916.jpg
    20220314_165916.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 120
I bought a second hand petrol filler cap. My existing key fitted the replacement cap (and my panniers). The key that came with it fitted it but would not fit my panniers. lucky me

Back
Top Bottom