New Tiger 1200 prototype been spotted

The engine is very vibey at motorway speeds with the worst vibrations coming through the handlebars

Around town and up to 65mph it's perfectly fine but at 75 - 90mph it's bloody awful. I just don't understand why they fitted that crankshaft in to what is essentially a road going bike. If they had fitted it to the Rally & Rally Pro then left the GT versions alone they'd have had my money but no. They had to change it for changes sake :blast

The screen:

At the time of test I had a 2019my 765RS Street Triple and the screen was like this clear and precise :thumb2

20200531-151348.jpg

Now take a look at this Triumph video

Triumph also fucked up the 2020> Street Triple screens too by making them far too cluttered :blast

I agree about screens, my Xe tft, it fussy with it telling you the same info numerous times on the same screen and they are too small for a blind vat like me, the 900 gt I borrowed tft was much better

Been told today at the show that it's lighter than the 1290 super adventure

Yes - but it all depends on how it carries that weight - latest KTM is very well balanced due to the saddle fuel tanks. The old 1200 Triumphs are very top heavy ;)

Hopefully Triumph have created a great bike and will be interested in test riding one at some point :)

Big reveal at the NEC show today. Not so good for those of us who went prior to today. Poor planning, that.

Looks like a GS killer to me……:hide

:aidan

It looks like it might be .
Twelve more bhp , almost identical torque, around 17 kgs lighter .
The top GT Explorer comes with pretty much everything minus luggage . So heated grips, both seats, eleccy suspension, radar cruise , quick shifter etc etc for £18100.
So definitely under £20k with full luggage .
Silly money but I see in here people spending much more on a GSA which is less well equipped.

like all the other GS killers before it no doubt...
;)

Ha ha.
Of course it won’t make much difference to GS sales,especially as many owners seem to renew their PCP just before the warranty runs out and just get the latest version of the GS with possibly little thought to anything else.
But for those that don’t want a GS, this looks like a good alternative.
Lighter,more power, cheaper,better equipped…..it may turn out to be a belter…..

Edited to add…

One of the vids said the Triumph was 17 kgs lighter than the equivalent GS.
That must be the standard bike, as I’ve just looked and the GSA is listed as 268kgs wet and both Triumph Explorers as 240kgs.

If that’s true then 28kgs is a HUGE difference and means that the new flagship Triumph with it’s 30 litre tank is also a whole 9kgs lighter than a standard GS yet carries a third more fuel.
Impressive if correct.

It looks like it might be .
Twelve more bhp , almost identical torque, around 17 kgs lighter .
The top GT Explorer comes with pretty much everything minus luggage . So heated grips, both seats, eleccy suspension, radar cruise , quick shifter etc etc for £18100.
So definitely under £20k with full luggage .
Silly money but I see in here people spending much more on a GSA which is less well equipped.

I expect that after 3 years though, the GS has a higher residual value.

Ha ha.
Of course it won’t make much difference to GS sales,especially as many owners seem to renew their PCP just before the warranty runs out and just get the latest version of the GS with possibly little thought to anything else.
But for those that don’t want a GS, this looks like a good alternative.
Lighter,more power, cheaper,better equipped…..it may turn out to be a belter…..

Edited to add…

One of the vids said the Triumph was 17 kgs lighter than the equivalent GS.
That must be the standard bike, as I’ve just looked and the GSA is listed as 268kgs wet and both Triumph Explorers as 240kgs.

If that’s true then 28kgs is a HUGE difference and means that the new flagship Triumph with it’s 30 litre tank is also a whole 9kgs lighter than a standard GS yet carries a third more fuel.
Impressive if correct.

I will be going to NEC tomorrow. I will take a look...

I expect that after 3 years though, the GS has a higher residual value.

If you buy a bike purely on the RV, you are really missing a trick. Plenty of great alternatives to a GS out there.

It's like the sports bike riders who won't do more than £2k a year because the RV won't be as good......:nenau

How about service intervals and costs? Triumphs are often rather expensive to have serviced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom