New Tiger 1200 prototype been spotted

Anybody had experience with Triumph dealers? good or bad :nenau

TD
:rob

Anybody had experience with Triumph dealers? good or bad :nenau

TD
:rob
A1 York are very good had services and bought from them. A great cafe within the dealership I was there the other day talking to one of the salesman and we were discussing the 900 and they cannot get them quick enough.

How about service intervals and costs? Triumphs are often rather expensive to have serviced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its surprising that Triumph have not made any claims regarding service intervals, maintenance parts and dealer service costs on the Tiger1200 comparable to the GS as they made quite some effort comparing like for like with the main competitor to the Tiger 660, that being the Tracer 700.
Still I like the look of it. Rode a new 1200 XC a couple of years back even after they claimed significant weight loss there, still felt a ton weight when manoeuvring about .
Will have to take others word for the T plane engine being Vibey. Lets see what the bike Journous think when they get on the launch.

Can nobody design a decent looking large adventure bike? Looks like Yamaha made it.

And beaks for another 10 years, why?

How about service intervals and costs? Triumphs are often rather expensive to have serviced.

10,000 miles.

Attachments

• F7630CB7-C7C8-4323-92D0-4BEC8F6FE74D.jpg
    F7630CB7-C7C8-4323-92D0-4BEC8F6FE74D.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 149

Probably has a bit more info than the other vids to date

Not in my experience. The 1200 has a 10,000 mile service interval (or once a year) so for those that do over 6,000 miles a year the Triumph will require fewer services.

Service costs for my 1200 Explorer were similar to my R1200RS or S1000XR at the dealers in Cheltenham. Both charge similar hourly rates and parts prices are similar.

As for quality of service, there is little to choose between them. Both have a range of loan bikes, give accurate costs in advance, finish the work on time and have friendly staff. Both have free coffee you can help yourself to. Cotswold provide a nice lounge where you could work from on your laptop if you want to. Blade Triumph don't have this.

a28cb3e9f84998adc65fe7f102d1dd2e.png

230850e842705b435ada801b09824231.png

Funny, they didn’t mention the “Tri-link” rear suspension. Not sure what the T-plane crank will be like in the larger capacity bikes, lots of reports about vibration and coarseness in the smaller engined Triumphs. The “Sky-Hook” active suspension sounds good though. We’ll see once the dust settles.

Seen it today at the NEC, looks like a nice bike and well made.
Most of the weight saving comes from having a Lithuim battery though.

I will be going to NEC tomorrow. I will take a look...

Saw it at NEC. Looks like the 1200 Tiger before it. Not a thing of beauty and looks and feels a bit flimsy compared to the trusty GS. And that blue colour is atrocious - Triumph's equivalent to Honda's metallic maroon :))

Mind you, if the weight and power claim are accurate, it might be worth a ride...

Back
Top Bottom