A small dilemma

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently own a 1980 V50 that was given as a present by SWMBO. She has now begun to hint that it would make a nice bike for 2 up Sunday jaunts. However it is only a single seat as its meant to resemble a NATO dispatch rider bike.

I have found a nice unmolested V50 that still has its pillion perch.

I cant really have both bikes without losing alot of my garage space so the question is do i sell mine and get the 2 seat one...or do i man up and tell her to walk?

Have both..... Buy a bike cover.

Path of least resistance leads to less stress in the longer term, whether that be more garage space or more head space, you decide, LOL.

Buy it,

easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission ;)

Could you not get a dual seat set up to put on the bike when needed? Or is it a lot to change? JJH

I guess it’s your call whether two bikes is better than spare garage space. I think I’d go for two bikes. A pair of v50s? Go for it!

(I currently have to move one bike out to work on, or use, the other. No biggie)

I guess it’s your call whether two bikes is better than spare garage space. I think I’d go for two bikes. A pair of v50s? Go for it!

(I currently have to move one bike out to work on, or use, the other. No biggie)

Theres also a KTM SAS 1290 in there!

A V50 for two up riding?

Unless you’re both 10st, svelte, Italian beauties you have to be kidding……

Andres

PS No offence meant

If they have both, they could ride one each…

I can’t actually fold myself up enough to ride a V50 these days, let alone get the wife on the back:D

A V50 for two up riding?

Unless you’re both 10st, svelte, Italian beauties you have to be kidding……

Andres

PS No offence meant

My mate had a V50 new c.1978. I only had a Honda 125 so when we went on a camping trip to Wales, I was pillion.

He's 6' 4” and I’m 6' 6”........

People probably thought we were a couple, we were very close on that tiny seat.

Oh for a photo....

A

PS the camping was in a caravan. Carrying a tent too would have just been silly....

Back
Top Bottom