Basecamp Kurviger Crashing

mad-dawg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Maps up to date as is Basecamp, when I import a Kurviger GPX track or route or both Basecamp crashes with an error list. when I re-open it is using the basic map. When I change the map to 2022 version or 2021 version Basecamp crashes again.

Existing routes created in Basecamp and on Sat Nav work fine.
Routes downloaded from Ride, work fine.
Kurviger routes scupper the Basecamp software, any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Tried importing just the track and converting to a route but that crashes.
Cheers

Basecamp version Version 4.8.11 (4.8.11)

Select minimal points when importing. Are you using correct format to export?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PC or a Mac?

Maybe the Kurviger route (you don’t say how long it is) travels along some roads that are not featured on the BaseCamp map, which is perhaps forcing some horrendous recalculation. Have you tried contacting the Kurviger help page or forum?

Can you share the Kurviger route file with us, so that someone else can have a go, to see if the problem repeats itself.

I'd reckon a Mac as the latest Windows version is 4.7.4. If so is it Apple silicon or Intel and what version of MacOS?

I'd reckon a Mac as the latest Windows version is 4.7.4. If so is it Apple silicon or Intel and what version of MacOS?

Hi Imac 27" 2019
Big Sur 11.5.2
Intel I5 8GB ram

Thanks for the replies
I will have to re-visit this in a couple of weeks as I am off to Belle France first thing in the morning.
The Kurviger route is the same as Valberg to Grenoble (Ride The Alps Relaxed day six) but in reverse, about 225 miles.
I was exporting the route and track with lots of waypoints then importing into BC to check there were no errors.
I will have a play around with Kurviger on Ipad to Zumo XT while away and do some more investigating when I return
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom