Fatboy owners

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just having a look in the dealers yesterday at the bikes. The fatboy has been my longtime favourite but noticed the alloy wheels on fairly new ones starting to corrode.
How do you lads that own them go on for looking after them or have any of you had them either painted black or plastic coated ?

Cheers Doc

I have the 114 fattie, I tend to use the Harkey Davidson brand wheel cleaner, seems to keep them looking as new. No idea of the cost of it, I asked for it when I bought the bike.
Are you chopping in your roadking for the Fatboy ?

Attachments

• 074E05A4-FE9A-4ECB-BFBA-B82EB32D366A.jpg
    074E05A4-FE9A-4ECB-BFBA-B82EB32D366A.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 408
I have the 114 fattie, I tend to use the Harkey Davidson brand wheel cleaner, seems to keep them looking as new. No idea of the cost of it, I asked for it when I bought the bike.

Not yet pal and unsure if it would be a FatBoy

Nearly 32 years old and the wheels are holding up pretty well on mine. :D

Attachments

• F9DD416C-3482-4585-A3D1-73A18E92A491.jpg
    F9DD416C-3482-4585-A3D1-73A18E92A491.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 355
I bought an M8 FB a few years ago and it was a ex demo and they had put some kind of clear coat protection on it which is recommended as the lovely lakster wheels will be vulnerable to corrosion if not looked after. :thumb2

Attachments

• FCE7A821-F838-4BD6-833D-D324A20AB7E0.jpg
    FCE7A821-F838-4BD6-833D-D324A20AB7E0.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 339
Yep all very nice.

Smart looking bike :okay

He does have a point re the front brakes. It may have been a good idea add another disc over the years.

My 2006 is having the wheels polished and the forks polished as the clear coat has let them look corroded . It’s not cheap but it lets the bike Down . It’s a lovely bike, the best Harley I have owned so it is worth doing . I plan to keep it until I can’t ride anymore . Love these Fat Boys:cool::cool:

My 2006 is having the wheels polished and the forks polished as the clear coat has let them look corroded .:cool::cool:

I’ve done the same (wheels and forks) and keeping em looking good once polished is hard work, water leaves stains so you will need endless amounts of autosol tubes, great if it only sees the sun.

I’ve done the same (wheels and forks) and keeping em looking good once polished is hard work, water leaves stains so you will need endless amounts of autosol tubes, great if it only sees the sun.

If i had one they would be Black like what Doris has done. I'm not that much into polishing.
Unless our lass would do it.:idea

Clear coat after polish being applied . Should be good for a few years and hopefully low maintenance / wash not have to solvol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom