Shipping bikes from N.I to Spain

The Heff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now that Europe is starting to open up again as the pandemic travel rules are easing, a group of us from N.I are looking at the possibility of shipping bikes from either Belfast or Dublin to southern Spain, for example Malaga next year - 2022:confused:

Any recommendations on companies who will do this (if they are still in business) or contacts to point me in the right direction.

Any tips or comments welcome:thumb2

Thanks in advance

Try overlanders, but you might need a carnet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Overlanders ship from Gorey, Co Wexford......and they do ship to Malaga.

Have a look on their website and see if their 2022 schedule is up yet.

S20 5G sent this......

Try overlanders, but you might need a carnet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wouldn't NI bikes be treated the same as Irish bikes if shipped direct from Ireland by Overlanders as the EU border is in the Irish Sea?

wouldn't NI bikes be treated the same as Irish bikes if shipped direct from Ireland by Overlanders as the EU border is in the Irish Sea?
Overlanders ship from Dublin but for a small extra fee will pick up NI bikes in their van and load them in Gorey before shipping. They did this for me on my last trip to Germany in 2019, collected my bike from McCallen's in Lisburn. Pre-Brexit, mind.

48bf684f5262625141030bce58f08c6d.jpg

Met the driver and also the owner of this lot an hour ago. Randomly in a bar in estepona. He was dropping off a Ferrari. They also do bikes but you would need to get the bike to the Uk midlands. Watching the football final. Great people watching the English when their ‘English’ football bar gets turned into Gaa central. Bewilderment about lol

48bf684f5262625141030bce58f08c6d.jpg

Met the driver and also the owner of this lot an hour ago. Randomly in a bar in estepona. He was dropping off a Ferrari. They also do bikes but you would need to get the bike to the Uk midlands. Watching the football final. Great people watching the English when their ‘English’ football bar gets turned into Gaa central. Bewilderment about lol
Estapona??......

are you not busy putting out fires

S20 5G sent this......

Watching the football final. Great people watching the English when their ‘English’ football bar gets turned into Gaa central. Bewilderment about lol
I watched it in a bar in (Prod) East Belfast. Lots of cheering for the Nordies.

'Game of Tyrones', well done the lads :D

Overlanders ship from Dublin but for a small extra fee will pick up NI bikes in their van and load them in Gorey before shipping. They did this for me on my last trip to Germany in 2019, collected my bike from McCallen's in Lisburn. Pre-Brexit, mind.

Depending upon your age, an even nicer option is to ride the bike to Gorey via Wicklow hills, and use your Gerripass to take the train home. 1.5 hour stopover in Dublin leavers just perfect timing for a nice meal in Hotel just across road from station. Likewise when collecting bike afterwards, another blast thorugh Wicklow hills makes for a perfect day out.
I do it most years.

Try MB TRANSPORT (mark, think he lives in Bangor), he is on FB. I have used him many times to bring bikes back from England. Trustworthy and always top notch service at a reasonable cost. He is a biker himself and knows what he's at. He has done exactly what your are looking for - he transported bikes to Spain for a group of guys who were planning to head over to Morocco and Northern Africa.
I can PM his no. If you want.

Try MB TRANSPORT (mark, think he lives in Bangor), he is on FB. I have used him many times to bring bikes back from England. Trustworthy and always top notch service at a reasonable cost. He is a biker himself and knows what he's at. He has done exactly what your are looking for - he transported bikes to Spain for a group of guys who were planning to head over to Morocco and Northern Africa.

I could do with that number if you don't mind, need to ship a big old 'Pan over in the near future.

Many thanks
Robbi

I've tried the number every day but it just rings out to the answerphone.

I've left several messages but still no response :nenau

Looks like the search goes on

I’ve used Mark a few times to deliver and collect bikes I have sold and bought in GB (jan 20 was most recent).If he is on a driving trip he normally phones when back home. It took me a few days to get him initially.

Barry

Heff, I’d be interested in joining the queue if you get this sorted.

The late Andy Bolton was a legend who did runs annually from BELFAST to Geneva or South of France for his Club the Belfast Flyers.

I’m gonna have a look and see if they are still doing trips.

Quite interested in what’s available too. My bro and family are relocating to France and I fancy a wee spin there or into Spain next year.

Barry

Heff, I’d be interested in joining the queue if you get this sorted.

The late Andy Bolton was a legend who did runs annually from BELFAST to Geneva or South of France for his Club the Belfast Flyers.

I’m gonna have a look and see if they are still doing trips.
I'd be up for that too Stevie, been to Geneva & Bordeaux twice with Andy - brilliant trips

I’d highly recommend Mark of MB Newtownards. He’s has 4 bikes out to Spain and back numerous times. Top bloke and very careful with the bikes and gear

Tried MB again several times on Fri and Sat, still rings out to answerphone :nenau

Back
Top Bottom