Lake District Passes

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a full nine hour day out on the G310GS touring some of the Lake District's Passes today

Rode from Hexham to Penrith via Alston then followed the A592 along the side of Ullswater

Just after Patterdale I joined the Kirkstone Pass including the "The Struggle" and then into Ambleside

From Ambleside I headed West towards Skelwith Bridge and then turned onto Side Gates towards Little Langdale

Joining the Wrynose Pass and then onto the Hardknott Pass through Dalegarth then onto Eskdale

From Eskdale I headed North joining the A595 upto Whitehaven

A lunch stop as the Marina at Whitehaven and stocked up my Tassimo Costa Coffee pods at the local B&M Store

After securing my purchases to the rear rack I headed back inland through to Cockermouth

From Cokermouth I headed down through Whinlatter Forest Park and onto the Whinlatter Pass to Braithwaite

From Braithwaite to Portinsclae then down to Grange following the road over looking Derwentwater

Up through to Keswick then onto the A591 Northbound picking up the A595 to Carlisle

From Carlisle the final leg home through Brampton and Gisland on the Military road following the route of Hadrians Wall

Ended up doing 175 miles and the low petrol light came on at 160 miles and said I had 38 miles range not bad for £13 worth of E5 Premium 97

Not a single stalling issue that everyone seems to complain about and the bike performed flawlessly and was very comfortable

I'm now enjoying a cup of the Tassimo Costa Latte that was safely delivered home

That’s a good day out! I’ve got a week off at the end of the month, might try the same trip.

Thats a great day out .... some of my favourite roads :thumby::thumby:

:beerjug:

Nice ride.:thumb2
I do like the look of those “little” GS’s. :thumb2

Lucky to get away with the E5.

Great ride report

Lucky to get away with the E5.

Great ride report

I run all of my bikes on Premium 97 and always have done . Since the introduction of E10 the E5 Premium 97 seems to be more readily available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great day out, I've cycled most of those passes on my Ridely. the struggle is flat compared to the steep sections of the hardknott ... love the area.

Good to meet today John! Pics look great! Lets try and hook up with Mark for a spin :)

Looks fab .. well done you and of course ... "thanks for posting" :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom