Street fighter nav?

oly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Which nav solution is best for the v4 street fighter?
Anyone gone down this route. Garmin or use phone?
And where to get power from. I have a quad lock wireless charger which I could utilise but it needs usb power.

Which nav solution is best for the v4 street fighter?
Anyone gone down this route. Garmin or use phone?
And where to get power from. I have a quad lock wireless charger which I could utilise but it needs usb power.

Not sure if this helps but on my V4 S Multi there is a dedicated lead for the power labled NAV close to the screen , if you have one available it will have the plug with sealed off wire tails ( remove them with a heat gun or similar) the solder the plug back on , as its dedicated it will not require a fuse as canbus will deal with it.
Hope this helps.
Oh I use Garmin Zumo XT as this is a GPS rather than a phone sat nav and find it better for pre made and interesting routes without the annoying re routing a phone seem to do. I use Myroute app for planning and Basecamp for the actual route.

thanks for the info, i had one of those on a 1260 multi. a little white plug?
there seems to be some confusion re the dedicated plug on the ducati forum. some say its there, some say its not?
even the dealers dont seem to know. i suppose ill wait until the bike arrives and check myself.
im leaning towards the zumo xt also

Ducati Manchester confirmed there is no
Power source by the headstock as in the multi.
So direct to the battery it looks like

Yep
If you want power to the Quadlock then the only way is from the battery under the front cover - pretty much like my optimate fly lead

I must actually see if there is a way of utilising the optimate fly lead to a USB type thing

Any way as for Nav I have gone the beeline route as a big Garmin type device will just look bloody awful anywhere hanging off those bars

Cant even use a fork stem type mount as the clamps are off set

Never mind the bike is so bloody good its worth overlooking these little niggles

is te optimale lead a standard fit? bike not arriving until Saturday so can't take a look

I just use my Navi V and keep it charged via USB port. Optimate do a twin(USB port plus charging terminal) lead which connects to your battery. It's designed to fit almost any bike and I run that to the bars of my RSV and use a generic satnav mount bracket (bars or inner fairing bracket) and mount the Navi V on that. You lose the dedicated BMW bike data but so what? It still acts as a dedicated satnav which works with gloved hands. The Optimate kit is £30. Any dedicated satnav unit can be used with it. Better than phone navigation imho.

is te optimale lead a standard fit? bike not arriving until Saturday so can't take a look

It depends on the dealer

Some fit the Optimate lead some fit the Ctec / Oxford but there should be one or the other on and it isnt a ball ache to get at the battery just 4 bolts to remove the cover :D

Bike was delivered Saturday so I can take a look.
I like the idea of the dual plug, one to charge satnav, one for optimate.
Anyone got a link to that?
I have a Zumo xt and am going to try and mount it centrally ,
It looks like the handlebar bolts are 8mm so maybe get a ram ball with longer bolt and replace
One of the handlebar bolts , fit a clamp and should get it pretty central ,
Just not sure if It will foul anything

Just checked and no charging socket
From my battery. Seems to be a
Bit of room under there though. So it’s either the hard wiring from the zumo or it’s a usb charger from
Optimate and a usb lead from the optimate to the zumo.

Just checked and no charging socket
From my battery. Seems to be a
Bit of room under there though. So it’s either the hard wiring from the zumo or it’s a usb charger from
Optimate and a usb lead from the optimate to the zumo.

Have you taken the cover off ?

Mine was buried away and took a bit of finding in the first instance

But yes loads of room for extra bits and bobs on. the battery

Yes had the cover off. Nothing extra coming off the battery terminals other than a cable
Each side for The bike.
I will be able
To hide the zumo cables
Under there no problem, just
Looking for a neat way of mounting the nav.
Something with a 1inch ball on it , or something to attach the zumo mount to,
Quadlock don’t do anything. I’m currently searching through ram mounts pages

Yes had the cover off. Nothing extra coming off the battery terminals other than a cable
Each side for The bike.
I will be able
To hide the zumo cables
Under there no problem, just
Looking for a neat way of mounting the nav.
Something with a 1inch ball on it , or something to attach the zumo mount to,
Quadlock don’t do anything. I’m currently searching through ram mounts pages

Any good ???? https://iconicparts.uk/shop/ols/products/universal-accessories-mount-fits-bar-diameter-10-28mm

Back
Top Bottom