New helmet day ……

Boxerboy55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve loved my Schuberth C3 for 6 years and most of 30,000 miles or so.

It is All Day Comfortable, BUT - it’s a nightmare on warmer days due to miserable ventilation.

Today a Shoei Neotech 2 arrived via one of our well known Van Man companies. Complete with a Pinlock visor that had NOT been shown in the online information. So now I have 2 Pinlocks.

So, a short “test drive” round the house followed by a short shake down ride says it will stay.
Nice and snug. Even pressure round my bonce.

First impressions suggest it is quite a bit quieter than the C3 and also has a a modicum of ventilation up inside the visor that can actually be felt. Though the chin shroud will be pulled out if I need more ventilation.

I’m crossing my fingers as an early alarm call tomorrow will kick off a 1,000 mile week as I head to Wales for a few days.

ps - size wise my C3 is/was Size 58/59 L. The new Neotech 2 is Size 57/58 M.

Attachments

• 7D309A14-0556-4A30-94E0-052F2A2A9B09.jpg
    7D309A14-0556-4A30-94E0-052F2A2A9B09.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 536
Had a lot of helmets over a lot of years now, and for a long time refused to pay the high price of premium helmets. Then as flip-fronts became popular I bought a C3. Possibly the worst investment of my life! It leaked down the inside of the visor, it needed both has to pull down the flip securely, and even after it when back to Schuberth for repair it was still the same. Obviously, I got a bad one and I'm sure there are many happy C3 owners.

Then I bought a Neotec. Wow!, worth every penny. I cannot fault it in anyway. Now on my third, a Neotec 2. Can't see me ever buying anything else.

I’m on my second C3 and they both have rubbish ventilation and both leaked water round the visor, just a bad design I expect. However, they fit my head perfectly and are all day comfortable which is why I stuck with them.
Might try a Neotec next time though.

I also went Neotec 2, but. Went to Motolegends. Went for large, but they change out the cheek pads as part of the fitting service. Great helmet, quiet and the sun visor, best ever

None of you guys find the buckle uncomfortable/irritating on the Neotech? Seems I can never get it at a point where it doesn’t push into my Adam’s apple. Maybe just me…?

Didn't like it to start with, always preferred the double 'D's' but got use to it now. No problem.

I’m on my second C3 and they both have rubbish ventilation and both leaked water round the visor, just a bad design I expect. However, they fit my head perfectly and are all day comfortable which is why I stuck with them.
Might try a Neotec next time though.

On my third C3 (first was a basic, when that’s all there was. Other two Pros). Never had any leaks. I agree ventilation isn’t great but they’re very comfy - especially the Pros…

I had a couple of Schuberth E1's which I really wanted to work. One was written off when I got knocked off the bike, the next was just as uncomfortable, for me. Tried the Neotec 2 and straight from the off, and two years later it's extremely comfortable. Got myself one of the lightly smoked visors, so on really bright days (one a year in Scotland usually) I use it and the drop down internal sun visor. Not leaked or had the visor steaming up. I have the SRL and it's been great for me as well. probably get another Neotec 2 to replace it.

I took some time to get used to the securing mechanism for the straps after a lifetime of D buckles, but now quite like it. An interesting video on the beauty of the D buckle; https://youtu.be/3KUdmwmhyxM

I use the metal "T" bar to secure my helmet to my bikes helmet lock that you can see in the link, there's cheaper options for the "T" bar on Ebay etc; https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/helmet_accessories/oxford_lidlock_black/

I had an 'original' Shoei Neotec way back and it proved to be a great helmet, I purchased a Neotec 2 some months ago and its is even better than its predecessor. The Neotec 2 features a Sena SRL 2 communication system which is very neat although I find it somewhat fiddly to operate, (maybe practice will help), This Shoei has the clip tyre fastening system which is easy to use IMHO

I also have an Arai X4 Tour which I prefer to the Shoei, the Arai has the D buckle fasteners which work fine for me

Both helmets are 'Premium' / expensive but seem to be well made and very comfy

Now I’m 2 days and 500 miles in.

Comfort is very good. Though can feel a bit of a squeeze after a couple of hours.

I think the extra quietness comes from tighter foam padding on cheeks and neck. Plus the chin guard.

I’m used to ratchet straps so get on ok with this one. Did have to adjust it so it’s really tight under chin.

Ventilation definitely better than C3.

Even better with chin shroud removed in today’s amazing 30 degree peak in Wales.

Cannot put Neo2 on over my glasses. It rips them off.

C3 slid on perfectly.

Usually tries to pull my specs off when removing, but sometimes manage to hold on to my specs.

Was using my sunglasses today.

I really don’t get on with the integrated sun visors. With a Pinlock that’s 4 layers of plastic between my eyeballs and the real world.

Neo2 visor removal/replacement is a complete PITA compared with popping off a C3 visor.

I’m sure it will get a bit easier with practice, but that’s a No Contest design.

(why the fuck does this place turn pictures round ?)

Attachments

• 162E01CD-EBFD-4B76-BAC9-08CD44FA3496.jpg
    162E01CD-EBFD-4B76-BAC9-08CD44FA3496.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 363
  • A7F8B4A2-3AFA-4E6C-8CDC-EED538EAAB3E.jpg
    A7F8B4A2-3AFA-4E6C-8CDC-EED538EAAB3E.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 360
I struggled getting the visor back on till I twigged that you need to concentrate on the little lug that provides the ratcheting action, and is the closest one to the centre of the visor. Get this lined up, pull the lever that you would to remove the visor and it now easily slips on in a second, when I was previously failing after 20+ minutes.

I’m sure the visor In/Out will get easier. It better.

Got home in one piece a few hours ago after 300+ miles from Wales.

1,246 miles since Monday certainly got the Neo2 bedded in to my bonce.

Today was 317 miles with a few stops and I think it’s now All Day Comfortable.

I’ll give it a tick in the box. I’ll be keeping it now (obviously).

Today’s sweeping rain storms eventually caught up with me. A couple of very heavy showers were passed with almost flying colours.
I suspect I had some moisture inside the visor. Not sure how.

Had a lot of helmets over a lot of years now, and for a long time refused to pay the high price of premium helmets. Then as flip-fronts became popular I bought a C3. Possibly the worst investment of my life! It leaked down the inside of the visor, it needed both has to pull down the flip securely, and even after it when back to Schuberth for repair it was still the same. Obviously, I got a bad one and I'm sure there are many happy C3 owners.

Then I bought a Neotec. Wow!, worth every penny. I cannot fault it in anyway. Now on my third, a Neotec 2. Can't see me ever buying anything else.

Ditto. All but I'm still on my first Neotec. Great lid!

Tried a Neotech and liked it. Ended up buying a Shark Spartan Carbon instead though. Just fitted better and more clearance for glasses. Put up about 3K miles with it so far and no complaints. No leaks, quiet, but not I imagine to the standards of the Neotech, but it's very light with good ventilation, has a pinlock system and a spare visor was thrown in for free which is a bonus.

I've just ordered that very same model.... Respect TC-10

Was toying with a C4 as prices are excellent just now for them as new model coming soon...... but I do like Shoei, this is my 3rd (main touring helmet) in succession MultiTec, Neotec and now Neotec2. After a trawl about online to check prices and a visit to local dealership, I've ordered locally as they did a decent deal on the helmet and the SRL2 comms unit combined and will fit this FOC.

My current Neotec is almost 10 years old now so time for a new one, yes they are bloody expensive but as an annual cost over its lifetime its not too bad and they do last and are comfortable.

Lovely helmet, I like the design

I have a Neotec 2 which I've owned for about 18 months or so and it is very comfy

I also have a Tour X4 which I currently favour

I've just ordered that very same model.... Respect TC-10

Was toying with a C4 as prices are excellent just now for them as new model coming soon...... but I do like Shoei, this is my 3rd (main touring helmet) in succession MultiTec, Neotec and now Neotec2. After a trawl about online to check prices and a visit to local dealership, I've ordered locally as they did a decent deal on the helmet and the SRL2 comms unit combined and will fit this FOC.

My current Neotec is almost 10 years old now so time for a new one, yes they are bloody expensive but as an annual cost over its lifetime its not too bad and they do last and are comfortable.
300 miles in on new lid, it's very good and just as comfy as my original Neotec, the SRL2 comms kit is good, seemless fit into the pre existing spaces, haven't tried intercom as yet. FM radio is a bit naff, but they all are, I can play DAB via my phone though and obviously music. The Sena app is not great, keeps dropping connection when trying to set up the comms system, managed eventually..

All in all very good

Back
Top Bottom