BMW low comfort seat opinions

Kmccarthy

Reaction score
My 2020 r1250gs with low suspension came with the standard low seat. It’s not very comfortable so I’m considering buying the bmw comfort low seat. Has anyone done this upgrade? Was it worth it? Thanks!

I didn't know BMW made a 'comfort low seat' ?

think maybe he mean the exclusive low seat on 1250, I have sit on one in dealer shop and exclusive is more comfort than normal low for some reason, but better go to dealer and sit on 1st to see.

I think thats the seat i have?

if it is its, like all bike seats, crap.
2 hours in and you will need a break, then after the initial 2 hours, every 1 hour after.

im still looking for an option, either the bubble seat thing or a sheepskin.
although both dont look like they would make much difference.

if your a small light chap you may be ok.

Im 6'4" and 18 stone, so the pressure my poor arse is under is more :D

I think thats the seat i have?

if it is its, like all bike seats, crap.
2 hours in and you will need a break, then after the initial 2 hours, every 1 hour after.

im still looking for an option, either the bubble seat thing or a sheepskin.
although both dont look like they would make much difference.

if your a small light chap you may be ok.

Im 6'4" and 18 stone, so the pressure my poor arse is under is more :D

Not understand why you have low seat, I in UK 6ft 2 and 15 stone High exclusive seat set on low is just the best I have find, I also have low wunderlich if I go a little " offroad more slip gravel and mud only" , but not so often

No, I don’t mean the exclusive seat. Here is the part number of the low comfort seat I’m referring to.
52 53 8 560 682 DRIVERS SEAT KOMFORT LOW

There’s a pair for sale in the ads.

It’s the correct part number for the riders seat, haven’t checked the pillion.

I’ve been tempted myself but if you want them…..

The factory low seat on the hexheads was sublime

you could ride allday and not have any issues

The factory low on the LC is the opposite

because its wider, you cant get comfy :( the ultra low if bloody hard whatever people say

it's padded pants with that seat

The factory low seat on the hexheads was sublime

you could ride allday and not have any issues

The factory low on the LC is the opposite

because its wider, you cant get comfy :( the ultra low if bloody hard whatever people say

it's padded pants with that seat

yes so true, wunderlich low for LC is ok, TT extra low was death sentence

Seats are a very personal thing. The low seat on my 2014 GS LC was fairly uncomfortable, but a lot more comfortable than the Sargent low I had for a while.

The low seat on my 1250 is, for me, all day comfortable. My wife says the pillion seat is also a lot more comfortable than the 1200’s.

Perhaps pop into the dealer and get a "Std" seat off one of their non factory lowered bikes and try it for size.
Might find it is suitably padded as there is not a great deal of real difference in height?

I have a low seat on mine, which I had slightly remodelled to round the sides off and a gel pad fitted - now its super comfy all day long - total cost £140.

Much better to have the seat modelled as you want it IMO, you get what you want first time.

I have the low chassis bike which came with the low seat, I found it really hard and little padding/give and couldn't last 2hrs. Changed it for the BMW comfort seat, made the bike a bit taller but worth the all day comfort.

Back
Top Bottom