London Marathon for London Air Ambulance

ncpierce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On Sunday 3rd October I will be out pounding the streets of London.

On 26th April 2020, the London Marathon and my Paramedic wife Helen both turned 40. Helen had secured herself a spot running for the London Air Ambulance, a charity which is probably close to the heart of many motorcyclists and Paramedics.

All was good, training was going well and then COVID :rolleyes::mad: The April Marathon was rescheduled for October, by which time Helen was to be 36wks pregnant, and I had agreed to take her place.

When the rescheduled event went virtual Helen was not to be deterred and instead of me running the distance, and just about a month from her due date walked the distance in terrible weather conditions covering many laps of Kenley aerodrome.

The official London Marathon was postposed until October 2021, and I agreed to run it. That day is rapidly approaching and there is still quite a bit of work needed on the training and fundraising side to bring it all together.

If you can spare some pennies to support me and the London Air Ambulance, Helen and I would both hugely appreciate it!

https://justgiving.com/fundraising/From-mummy-to-marathon-runner

Many thanks

Nigel

Back
Top Bottom