Front brake disc bolts 1250GS

knutk

Reaction score
To anyone interested, here is a copy of the Repair DVD regarding installing a new disk.

51433852667_7a04f1c38f_c.jpg

The text says:
- Replace screw
- Tightening sequence:Tighten by stages in diagonally opposite sequence
- Torque: 19 Nm

My 2c

interesting tighten diagonally as the disc floats somewhat?

The disks appears to be floating in their bobins. But when you try to wiggle the disk, it feels quite firm.

I'm not sure why the diagonally and step wise procedure is called for. But if I should make a wild guess, I would suggest it's in order to prevent warping of the disk.

The disks appears to be floating in their bobins. But when you try to wiggle the disk, it feels quite firm.

I'm not sure why the diagonally and step wise procedure is called for. But if I should make a wild guess, I would suggest it's in order to prevent warping of the disk.

The diagonal tightening sequence is standard practice for these kinds of things to make sure that it's seated correctly, the exact same reason you should do it with wheels on your car when you're doing up the nuts. If you fully tighten one and go round in a circle you can cause the wheel (or brake disk) to lift or not sit flush on the hub and it can cause serious issues.

Back
Top Bottom