AXFIED or Power commander for R1200GS LC Euro4

CPJS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Will either the AXFIED or Power commander remove the horrible flat spot in 5500rpm to 6000rpm range.
My '17 GS had a full Akra system, this helped a bit. I have gone back to the stock end can with the decat headers, this has made the flat spot more noticable again and it irritates me enough to want to do something about it.
I am not interested in more power etc, the bike is very well fuelled everywhere else in the rev range.

As an addition, I have been looking on the Dynojet site, they only show a fuel controller up to the year 2016.

Will either the AXFIED or Power commander remove the horrible flat spot in 5500rpm to 6000rpm range.
My '17 GS had a full Akra system, this helped a bit. I have gone back to the stock end can with the decat headers, this has made the flat spot more noticable again and it irritates me enough to want to do something about it.
I am not interested in more power etc, the bike is very well fuelled everywhere else in the rev range.

I have the afxied and certainly it made a big difference, I feel no flat spots run at number 7, also I bought 24 inch extension cable to put them in place of alarm, so gives me back my seat positions, you can fit them under seat, but restricts you to be on high high all the time, also I have oem exhaust and headers, 17.5 gs lc

I have the afxied and certainly it made a big difference, I feel no flat spots run at number 7, also I bought 24 inch extension cable to put them in place of alarm, so gives me back my seat positions, you can fit them under seat, but restricts you to be on high high all the time, also I have oem exhaust and headers, 17.5 gs lc
Did you feel a flat spot before the AXFIED?

Did you feel a flat spot before the AXFIED?

I sure did, bike now pulls lot better, even lost vibrations in fingers, but not sure if that was not the up back riser effect, more relax arm, but where I feel big difference is pull away when using HSC no stall anymore, can feel better fuel, I see when I connect GS-911 sometimes says error, I just clear error because I know it is the af-xied effect

I've had the AF-Xied fitted for a couple of years now, and I'm very happy with it, the bike is a 2015 GS with decat headers fitted. At first I ran the bike on setting 7, but after fitting the decat headers I set the AF-Xied to setting 8 which suits the new set up fine. I did a valve check while doing the 12,000 mile service, and took the opportunity to have a look at the plugs, and they were a lovely biege colour, so not running rich. I always ride in dynamic mode if that makes a difference.

small tip for af-xied when start bike, 1st turn on, let modules do a small self check, just a few seconds, then fire bike up, always gives modules about 10 seconds to self test for best result.

Did anyone say ‘Hilltop’? My fuelling on a 2017 model is quite luverly. Mind you I did run it in during a track day at Rockingham, I wonder if that helped.

Did anyone say ‘Hilltop’? My fuelling on a 2017 model is quite luverly. Mind you I did run it in during a track day at Rockingham, I wonder if that helped.

I did not do my bike on race track, but did run it hard at begin, because i know BMW push all engine already hard at test, run in period is only for oil check and bolts, please do no say the word H or i will not see this post no more.

Does the af-xied adjust the fuelling by a percentage across the rev range or will it detect the lean hole in the mid range and tailor the fuelling differently as needed.

Does the af-xied adjust the fuelling by a percentage across the rev range or will it detect the lean hole in the mid range and tailor the fuelling differently as needed.

my believe is it gives a little more fuel across all and fixes fuel starving, maybe experts will come.

The subject has been debated in other posts before, so this will be a very short answer. For graphs and pictures, a search in this forum will do.

O2 sensor emits a voltage that reflects the AFR. The voltage is by no means linear. Far from it, and the values above and below 14,7 (the ideal number with respect to emission) are also influenced by the sensor temperature...
Even so, for all practical purpose, it is possible to use the narrow band sensor to conduct a controlled enrichment based on feedback from O2 sensor. Even if it will no be dead accurate when comes to exact improved AFR, it works well enough to work.

The AF-XIED strive to get a steady voltage reading from the O2 sensor, and it does so by controlling the signal to the ECU, and replace the O2 signal by a generated signal that bumps lean pulses to the ECU O2 sensor input in order for the ECU to go richer than what the mixture would have been if the ECU received the direct signal from the O2 sensor.
AF-XIED relates to the voltage from the O2 sensor, and the adjustment selector on the unit sets different voltage levels. This means that whatever the setting is selected, this voltage (and therefor the AFR) will be maintained over the entire rpm range. Hence, any extra lean rpm range will be compensated for.

Even if the ECU use O2 sensor feedback when in closed loop operation (driving with steady power), the corrections for a richer fueling will be stored in a separat table that is considered at all riding conditions. The target values for this table is such that the realtime correction from the O2 sensor should be 0, hence it takes a while for the ECU to fully rebuild the table after the AF-XIED has been installed.

Also, keep in mind that when the throttle is fully opened up, even the OEM fueling is richer, so do not expect any improvement at wide open throttle. The only noticeable effect when opening the throttle may be that as the adaptive values have been richened up, the immediate respons my improve, making the engine feel a bit more responsive.

Thank you very much for that. My question is answered.
Where is best to buy one?
WINJAR where did you get the harness extension?

I had a look on the Beemerboneyard site, they don't have the UK on their list of delivery destinations. I Emailed them, here is the reply.

With Brexit happening the UK is now requiring independent businesses like ours to apply for a tax license and collect and submit VAT tax from UK customers. We don't do enough business in the UK to go through all of that I'm afraid. You can use a forwarder with a US address or have a friend in the US send it on to you.
Thanks,
Mike

CPJS
There is a company near Manchester thst will map your bike on a dyno or they will send you a plug that fits into diag port.

That are a pucks company and will share afr details with you.
Cost is 400 pounds.
This is not snake oil...
There main business is cars.
I asked them if the mapping could be hidden as a certain H claims and was advised total crop.
I have spoken to them and they are very open about There methods etc.
If u are interested PM me

There was a company on Jersey who was selling AF-XIEDs, but unsure if that was just for Harleys or for other makes. Might be worth a google?

I tried them on my late model 1200 sportster but it didn't work well on that (ran too rich) so I sold them and had it dyno tuned instead. That could be more the closed loop fuelling system on that particular bike so it's not a reflection on how it might work with a GS. Knutk has summarised the workings above very well indeed :thumb

I had a look on the Beemerboneyard site, they don't have the UK on their list of delivery destinations. I Emailed them, here is the reply.

With Brexit happening the UK is now requiring independent businesses like ours to apply for a tax license and collect and submit VAT tax from UK customers. We don't do enough business in the UK to go through all of that I'm afraid. You can use a forwarder with a US address or have a friend in the US send it on to you.
Thanks,
Mike

You can use borderlinx.com very good and costs not so much very same as if beemer was shipping to you, I have use 5 times always good for computer stuff, just ask beemer for shipping dimensions and cost of complete order.

Thank you everyone for the information.
I will have a look at Borderlinx next week.
This Monday I am off on a boys and toys trip from the home counties to Yorkshire then Peebles and back round again. It beats working for a living.

Thank you everyone for the information.
I will have a look at Borderlinx next week.
This Monday I am off on a boys and toys trip from the home counties to Yorkshire then Peebles and back round again. It beats working for a living.

Enjoy holiday, other solution can be if you have friend living in EU country, deliver to EU country and friend send it to you as gift.

Back
Top Bottom