eBay starter motors- any good?

shakey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Starter motor on my 2005 1150 GSA decided today that life was no longer worth living and went out in a small but disturbing cloud of electrical smoke.

Bump start, curtesy of some energetic locals and a 200 mile nonstop ride home and now I’m shopping for a replacement.

eBay has a selection of what look like suitable items, all around £50/£60 but that’s at least a third of the price of dealers.

My question is, are they any good? Does anyone have any experience of using them? Is it a case of buy cheap buy twice or are these a reasonable compromise?

Thanks in advance

The Starter motor on my 2005 1150 GSA decided today that life was no longer worth living and went out in a small but disturbing cloud of electrical smoke.

Bump start, curtesy of some energetic locals and a 200 mile nonstop ride home and now I’m shopping for a replacement.

eBay has a selection of what look like suitable items, all around £50/£60 but that’s at least a third of the price of dealers.

My question is, are they any good? Does anyone have any experience of using them? Is it a case of buy cheap buy twice or are these a reasonable compromise?

Thanks in advance

Hi mate, I went through this about 4 months ago, bought a cheap starter from eBay, believe they were called Schmidt? After around 3 weeks it failed on me 100 miles from home, since then purchased a motor works refurbished starter that came with print out of tests they had done on it, been spot on since!

Buy cheap buy twice!

yep cheapy worked great for me for thousands of miles.

it was $53 USD delivered to my home.

I have also rebuild the OEM starters, but its about the same money spent, and ive got plenty of spares.

Back
Top Bottom