Picked up my Himalayan

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just saying, my first every new bike.

Might need to find another dealer for servicing, they've managed to fit the battery the wrong way in the holder so that side panel doesn't fit, a minor issue, but then makes me thing about other PDI stuff.

Off camping in North Devon today :)

IMG-0857.jpg

Very nice - I expect to see you ride the trails past mine some time soon.

Wiscombe Park Hill Climb this weekend if you are passing Honiton - Just turn and pay £10 to watch

I passed the hillclimb on my way back from a camping trip to Ilfracombe, went the long way back. Running in is interesting, max 37/40mph, chose some interesting lanes on the way there and back, came through Whitchurch Canonicorum and Ryall, had to squeeze in tight to the hedge for a procession of vintage tractors between Ryall and WC... that'll be you in the future!

300 mile service on Tuesday, then I'll be nudging to 50mph :)

I did over 500 miles before I managed to get its first service done, never missed a beat. Bought a load of shiny bits, but never had time to fit them, will do so over the winter.

Wife prefers it to the GSA and RT

I passed the hillclimb on my way back from a camping trip to Ilfracombe, went the long way back. Running in is interesting, max 37/40mph, chose some interesting lanes on the way there and back, came through Whitchurch Canonicorum and Ryall, had to squeeze in tight to the hedge for a procession of vintage tractors between Ryall and WC... that'll be you in the future!

300 mile service on Tuesday, then I'll be nudging to 50mph :)

Next you’ll be giving the A35 a miss and taking the trail down to North Chideock…

This came up the other day but a touch to much money

Attachments

• EB4FD576-84A9-4DFD-AFCF-235053AF0DA8.jpg
    EB4FD576-84A9-4DFD-AFCF-235053AF0DA8.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 418
Ha, reached the heady heights of 50 mph now :D

Don’t fret the running in, it’ll be fine. I didn’t coddle mine and now at 6500 miles or so and it runs lovely and no oil used between changes. Use it, it’ll thank you for it :thumb2

Don’t fret the running in, it’ll be fine. I didn’t coddle mine and now at 6500 miles or so and it runs lovely and no oil used between changes. Use it, it’ll thank you for it :thumb2

I’ve been nice to my 500 most of the time but no bike likes having the engine laboured so a quick burst is always good for them.

I’m a great believer in giving any engine an easy time for the first 100 miles but that’s so I can pick up on any build problems rather than because I’m looking for longevity.

Back
Top Bottom